I rarely wash my car or bike as I don't take them out in the rain. The odd time I have got caught in it I would only hand wash and use a high powered leaf blower I have to blow off the water and then microfibre left over drops. Morgan did you have the wheels ceramic coated too? The place I go to does that. They take the wheels right off and coat them. Helps getting rid of brake dust. Great videos sir. I know we all appreciate that hard work you do.
thank you kerry, yeah they are ceramic coated as well

Reactions: kerry4
Ok I can not wait until friday to post this video, I am going to go out today and shoot it in more detail. I was filming about the utility of the vette and decided to wash my vette beforehand. I uncovered some important findings while washing. Enjoy!

Hi Morgan
Thanks for all the content you have provided. I have a question I have. I hope you can share with me and I apologize if you mentioned this already but I like to know what you had covered on you car with PPF and did the whole car get ceramic coated as well?I figured XPEL ultimate was the choice for ppf which product was used for coating.
thank

Hi Morgan
Thanks for all the content you have provided. I have a question I have. I hope you can share with me and I apologize if you mentioned this already but I like to know what you had covered on you car with PPF and did the whole car get ceramic coated as well?I figured XPEL ultimate was the choice for ppf which product was used for coating.
thank

Check this link out for Ceramic Pro Kavaca. It's what I will hopefully get.

Reactions: MikesRapidZ06
When opening the drivers door all the way, some reporting one of the screws coming through the fender can chip the paint on the edge of the door.
iOS Image - 1994116514.jpg
iOS Image - 231534081.jpg
iOS Image - 443918275.jpg
iOS Image - 345272636.jpg

The water draining into the engine bay is an issue. I'm sure an after marketer will vacuum form a plastic cover
with a water seal on the edge that you can drop over the hatch and direct the water away during a wash.
Think of the wheel cover you hold while you spray tire conditioner and keep it from your wheel.
Driving in the rain might still be a problem.
I'm sure the test cars were driven in the rain.

Reactions: kerry4 and ZoraD
Apparently they used high pressure hoses during development to make sure there were no issues. I think the issue is more cosmetic to those who love a sparkling detailed engine.

The water draining into the engine bay is an issue. I'm sure an after marketer will vacuum form a plastic cover
with a water seal on the edge that you can drop over the hatch and direct the water away during a wash.
Think of the wheel cover you hold while you spray tire conditioner and keep it from your wheel.
Driving in the rain might still be a problem.
That one way to keep the motor cool. Water cooled. LOL.

Im not seeing anything about the drivers door paint being chipped. why? this is very serious if true .
Apparently it's not an issue for all the cars built. On the US forums some have noted that their screw was shorter thus no issue. Basically its going to be hit or miss on the first bunch of cars whether you got the longer screw. The key now is before just opening the door wide open might want to take care to make sure your car doesn't have the clearance issue. The fact is although the car is not the cheapest car out there it's still mass produced and so just like every other corvette generation this one will also come with its problems.

Reactions: kerry4
Hey everyone,
A lot of you will be receiving your new C8 in the coming months and I wanted to take it upon me to start up a thread going over and issues or problems you are experiencing. If you have a concern you would like me to look into please tag me in the post using the @ function. I would love to hear what you all have to say :)
If you don t have your C8 by now, you won t see it until late summer or fall.

Hey everyone,
A lot of you will be receiving your new C8 in the coming months and I wanted to take it upon me to start up a thread going over and issues or problems you are experiencing. If you have a concern you would like me to look into please tag me in the post using the @ function. I would love to hear what you all have to say :)
If you don t have your C8 by now, you won t see it until late summer or fall.

I beg to differ. Some in transit and dealerships service still open for PDIs .. some will get delivered in next 5-10 days in Canada ...

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.