Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
Hope you don't have to wait too long....
Thank you. As well, I do not like the color I chose - I looked it again and again: has a blue tinge to it - so, need to choose another color - my son likes the orange and accelerator yellow with black interiors - I must say I do as well.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller and BDK
Thank you. As well, I do not like the color I chose - I looked it again and again: has a blue tinge to it - so, need to choose another color - my son likes the orange and accelerator yellow with black interiors - I must say I do as well.

Did you choose Shadow Grey Metallic?

You can never go wrong with yellow or orange on a Corvette! Wild colours for a wild car!

Did you choose Shadow Grey Metallic?

You can never go wrong with yellow or orange on a Corvette! Wild colours for a wild car!
Yes. I called my salesman and expressed my concern and he told me he has had calls from other customers as well complaining that there was a blue hue to the grey! Too bad. I love my shark skin grey metallic - which I wish I could get - available only in 2016.

Yes. I called my salesman and expressed my concern and he told me he has had calls from other customers as well complaining that there was a blue hue to the grey! Too bad. I love my shark skin grey metallic - which I wish I could get - available only in 2016.

That's interesting. I've had the opposite response from customers - they love the Shadow Grey Metallic!

Oh well. It's a purely subjective matter.

That's interesting. I've had the opposite response from customers - they love the Shadow Grey Metallic!

Oh well. It's a purely subjective matter.
I did when I first saw it; however, when I did several other configurations I noticed this blue hue to it. I wanted a mid -grey metallic with the black accents, wheels and interior. I wish I could see one in person?

Too far to go - nothing here in B.C. - maybe Seattle???

Shadow Grey is used on a lot of vehicles now - Silverado, Malibu, Equinox, to name a few. You could go to your local dealer and see the colour in person.

On a C8 Vette though... yeah, long road trip south of the border.

Reactions: JCWP
Shadow Grey is used on a lot of vehicles now - Silverado, Malibu, Equinox, to name a few. You could go to your local dealer and see the colour in person.

On a C8 Vette though... yeah, long road trip south of the border.
Good idea. I will drop in after lunch!!!

To be perfectly honest I was a little disappointed with the colour selection for C8. My current car is yellow but I wanted a stealthier colour so it was more a process of choosing the colour I disliked least.

Here's SGM. Yes it is a bluish version of Watkins Glen grey.

IMG_20190909_115128881_HDR - Edited.jpg

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest I was a little disappointed with the colour selection for C8. My current car is yellow but I wanted a stealthier colour so it was more a process of choosing the colour I disliked least.

Here's SGM. Yes it a bluish version of Watkins Glen grey.

View attachment 33360
I just got back from dealership and I saw the color on a SUV: not grey to me - definitely blue - not what I want.

I just got back from dealership and I saw the color on a SUV: not grey to me - definitely blue - not what I want.
Hi...I just got my C7 Shadow Grey a couple of months ago. I was puzzled when I first went to the dealer to order it...I had a sales brochure I'd picked up at the Feb Auto Show, and it showed Watkins Glen Grey as the colour in there. I guess GM changed it partway through 2019 - as others have said it's become a corporate wide colour on the Camaro, Silverado, Caddy SUV's, etc. I wasn't sure at first either...silver has always been my favourite vehicle colour hands down...my previous 2 Vette's were a 98 C5 in silver, and a 78 Silver Anniversary C3 half silver, half metallic grey. But since the C7 came out (in Shark Grey as you noted) it's always been the colour that I wanted. GM seems to have made a rotating door of grey's...I think there was another grey inbetween Shark & Watkins also. Anyway, yes in bright sunlight there is a blueish tinge...but in shade it looks more like a traditional metallic grey. I often 2nd guess myself as to whether I made the right choice, but in the end quite honestly I'm very happy with it. Good luck :)

Hi...I just got my C7 Shadow Grey a couple of months ago. I was puzzled when I first went to the dealer to order it...I had a sales brochure I'd picked up at the Feb Auto Show, and it showed Watkins Glen Grey as the colour in there. I guess GM changed it partway through 2019 - as others have said it's become a corporate wide colour on the Camaro, Silverado, Caddy SUV's, etc. I wasn't sure at first either...silver has always been my favourite vehicle colour hands down...my previous 2 Vette's were a 98 C5 in silver, and a 78 Silver Anniversary C3 half silver, half metallic grey. But since the C7 came out (in Shark Grey as you noted) it's always been the colour that I wanted. GM seems to have made a rotating door of grey's...I think there was another grey inbetween Shark & Watkins also. Anyway, yes in bright sunlight there is a blueish tinge...but in shade it looks more like a traditional metallic grey. I often 2nd guess myself as to whether I made the right choice, but in the end quite honestly I'm very happy with it. Good luck :)
Saw it in the sunlight at the dealer: to me looks blue!! Glad you like your's...

The metallic is strong in this and it can look totally different in different lighting. It looks pretty cool I think. I went back to my dealer twice looking and taking pictures of SGM. I would have liked a lighter blue-grey because this can look black in some lights. But overall I like.

Screenshot 2019-09-01 at 2.29.06 PM - Edited (2) (1).png

Last edited:
The metallic is strong in this and it can look totally different in different lighting. It looks pretty cool I think. I went back to my dealer twice looking and taking pictures of SGM. I would have liked a lighter blue-grey because this can look black in some lights. But overall I like.

View attachment 33362
Is that your Grand Sport in the other photo?

No that was just a car at my dealer I asked to wheel out so I could take a picture. This is my current GS which I may keep.

View attachment 33363
Sweet! Yeah it's hard to part with a Vette that you love...I had both my 78 and 98 for 15 years each...found that skipping 2 generations each time the next one had a lot to offer. Not so sure between your C6 and the C7...I was always toying with the idea of moving from my C5 to a C6 but never did, and in the end just skipped over a gen again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.