I went from 305 rear tires to 325’s with a more aggressive offset. The stock rock guards work fine with the stock wheel and offset but my 325’s were outside the rock guards.

Your car, your call.

I went from 305 rear tires to 325’s with a more aggressive offset. The stock rock guards work fine with the stock wheel and offset but my 325’s were outside the rock guards.

Your car, your call.
Ya, that's a for sure think on it.
The one thing that always stood out at me is how far in the wheels are on the C8. Almost looks weird.

"correct answer; it's personal preference."

I think Denis said it best. " Why use 500 words when you can use 5..."
When you get a new keyboard you have to use it! When you get new mud flaps you have to go off roading! Simple math! ;)

Reactions: Bunny hop
Ok thanks everyone, I have not decided but will keep all your advice in mind 😀.
Wlgj, glad to hear you finally got your car. The low cost option is to order the GM splash guards as they do protect better
than the stone guards that came with your car. As a factory option they are $250 for both sets. Ordered online from
GM parts depot or similar you can get them for around $70 a set. Part numbers are 84263453 for the fronts, and
84263457 for the rears. They look very close to what's already on your car and you will barely notice them. If you don't
like them you can send them back.

Reactions: Bunny hop
I have 2.5 years on ours. Winter driven, though not in the snow, and no stone chips anywhere.
I only got the front PPF'd, the mirrors and the boomerangs.
I guess it depends on where you drive, how you will use the car and how anal you are.
I am not anal, though of course I'd like to keep the car as spotless as possible.
For me the look outweighs their value. But that's me. For 70 bucks, if you can afford it, get them, try them and if you don't like them, discard them.

Reactions: JR410
I have 2.5 years on ours. Winter driven, though not in the snow, and no stone chips anywhere.
I only got the front PPF'd, the mirrors and the boomerangs.
I guess it depends on where you drive, how you will use the car and how anal you are.
I am not anal, though of course I'd like to keep the car as spotless as possible.
For me the look outweighs their value. But that's me. For 70 bucks, if you can afford it, get them, try them and if you don't like them, discard them.
Like I said , the guy installing ppf was trying to sell me, on putting more on , I am guessing. At first he tried to convince me to do the whole car , then some other parts. Our deal , for 2000$, was to do the whole front , bumper, lights, fenders, hood and windshield frame and rockers inside out but he reneged on the rockers, just did the little flat, that sticks out . I should of been more clear on the phone but what is done is done. He got here late yesterday because of the ice storm and he did not finish the job. I gave half the money and he is coming back Monday or Tuesday and I am getting the windows tinted for 200$ , at the same time. He has done a nice job , up to now. I am looking into the flaps but not in a hurry. My car is still not registered with the gov. because of the SAAQ problems. Hoping today is the day.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Wlgj, glad to hear you finally got your car. The low cost option is to order the GM splash guards as they do protect better
than the stone guards that came with your car. As a factory option they are $250 for both sets. Ordered online from
GM parts depot or similar you can get them for around $70 a set. Part numbers are 84263453 for the fronts, and
84263457 for the rears. They look very close to what's already on your car and you will barely notice them. If you don't
like them you can send them back.
Thanks for the info , will check it out.

it has been the law in alberta for,over 4 decades
I direct you to numero quatro…..

Mudguards

64(1) A motor vehicle or trailer must have a part of its body, a fender or a mudguard that covers the width of each tire.

(2) The body part, fender or mudguard referred to in subsection (1) must be above each wheel and

(a) extend downwards at the rear of each axle or axle group to at least the centre line of the axle, or

(b) be a distance away from the ground equivalent to at least 1/3 of the horizontal distance from the bottom edge of the mudguard to the centre line of the axle, but not closer to the ground than 150 millimetres when the vehicle is loaded.

(3) In addition to the requirements of subsection (1), the following types of vehicle must be equipped with rear wheel splash and stone‑throw protection that complies with SAE Standard J682:

(a) a commercial vehicle or combination of commercial vehicles that is registered for a gross weight of more than, or that weighs more than, 4500 kilograms and that is not a bus;

(b) a bus;

(c) a trailer.

(4) A passenger car is not required to have a mudguard.

(5) This section does not apply to a trailer designed and constructed for drive‑on and drive‑off low loads.

And it case it comes up….

passenger car means a vehicle having a designated seating capacity of 10 or less, but does not include an all-terrain vehicle, competition vehicle, low-speed vehicle, multi-purpose passenger vehicle, antique reproduction vehicle, motorcycle, restricted-use vehicle, truck, trailer or three-wheeled vehicle;

multi-purpose passenger vehicle means a vehicle having a designated seating capacity of 10 or less that is constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation, but does not include an air cushion vehicle, all-terrain vehicle, low-speed vehicle, passenger car, restricted-use vehicle, three-wheeled vehicle or truck

Reactions: Bixter44
Hiway traffic act section 49 was repealed in 2003 it looks like

15 cms off the ground or 1/3 the distance and yes for all passenger cars as well

looks like the 5000 dollar donation to the alberta progressive conservatives by almost all auto dealerships worked in,getting some legislation changed

hime town went through this in 1999 and was very upset at all the broken windshields

did not know the law had been changed thanks

The long and short of the last 5000 post words is that your Corvettes don't legally need mud flaps or splach guards until the they are modified to a point that they don't meet the requirements. Much like most other private vehicles on the road that the fenders extend down to the axle midpoint.

The long and short of the last 5000 post words is that your Corvettes don't legally need mud flaps or splach guards until the they are modified to a point that they don't meet the requirements. Much like most other private vehicles on the road that the fenders extend down to the axle midpoint.
4800 max….

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.