Gee, that is magical.
Coincidentally, I'm developing a similar system for the trunk to showcase your latest golf clubs at the same time.
It's a simple install really, with all of the tools needed as shown below.
A complete step-by-step instruction manual, with photos, is available, for $325,000.00, or ownership transfer of your 'used' Z06.

Attachments

• Trunk Window.jpg
    Trunk Window.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 47
Gee, that is magical.
Coincidentally, I'm developing a similar system for the trunk to showcase your latest golf clubs at the same time.
It's a simple install really, with all of the tools needed as shown below.
A complete step-by-step instruction manual, with photos, is available, for $325,000.00, or ownership transfer of your 'used' Z06.
Will it also work for folding lawn chairs and coolers?

Hey Beautiful ..

Dont know if any of you gents ( or ladies ) came across this but saw an interesting vid on you tube yesterday

Are any of you HTC guys courageous enough to try this ? It looks pretty invasive but having the HTC AND being able to see the engine ?? Super sexy !!

If I had an HTC, I might wait until the 2024 HTC is available, and ask if the transparent panels for the engine bay can be retrofitted.
If not, as Denis said, not much to look at really except the top of the engine.
Since I don't have a pre-2024 C8, I'll just buy a 2024 with the see through panels if they're optioned on them.

If I had an HTC, I might wait until the 2024 HTC is available, and ask if the transparent panels for the engine bay can be retrofitted.
If not, as Denis said, not much to look at really except the top of the engine.
Since I don't have a pre-2024 C8, I'll just buy a 2024 with the see through panels if they're optioned on them.
GM said, at the Bash in April, that the cover would be available through the parts department and can be retrofitted to prior years. The window on the GM part is pretty small, though.

I'm impressed with the engineering and workmanship of the aftermarket parts shown in the OP. And knowing what the guy who designed also does, I'm sure the quality is first rate. But I don't care that much about being able to see the engine when the top is up, it's not cheap (the kit is about $1500, plus the cost of cutting into your tonneau and installation, if you're not brave enough to butcher your car yourself), and I don't really like all the black framing. I think it would look a lot better in body color (which, of course, you could have done for more money.

If the engine was a work of art, like some (mostly older) Ferrari engines, then maybe I'd be more interested.

• Agree
Reactions: DAL and MKinOntario
Wow it’s interesting how we all get complacent

Nothing special about the engine …

When the C8 was first unveiled in 2019 it was ALL about the engine and configuration

The first engine installed in the first mid engine corvette that is available to anyone willing to suffer through a waiting list . Zoras dream realized .

Sub 3 second 0 to 60 ( enough said there )

Floor it at any speed you’re traveling and be pinned to your seat .

When I pull up to any gas station people obsess over it .

I could go on for days …. But you get the point

Of course there will be ‘ prettier versions ‘ ( beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but this was the first .

I would respectfully disagree I think it’s VERY special otherwise I would not have bought the car .

As for the guy developing the see through trunk lid instructions at 325 k . I’ll take a dozen at that price and re sell them . Hallelujah I’m gonna be rich !!

Just magical !!

Attachments

• 6FB4A4E5-709B-4631-B086-9660A5CF3368.jpeg
    6FB4A4E5-709B-4631-B086-9660A5CF3368.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
Wow it’s interesting how we all get complacent

When the C8 was first unveiled in 2019 it was ALL about the engine and configuration

The first engine installed in the first mid engine corvette that is available to anyone willing to suffer through a waiting list . Zoras dream realized .

Sub 3 second 0 to 60 ( enough said there )

Floor it at any speed you’re traveling and be pinned to your seat .

When I pull up to any gas station people obsess over it .

I could go on for days …. But you get the point

Of course there will be ‘ prettier versions ‘ ( beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but this was the first .

I would respectfully disagree I think it’s VERY special otherwise I would not have bought the car .

As for the guy developing the see through trunk lid instructions at 325 k . I’ll take a dozen at that price and re sell them . Hallelujah I’m gonna be rich !!

Just magical !!
What you described is the car and engine characteristics and car looks. But the engine itself even though great performer is not much to look at or special. Same 6.2L V8 is found in a beat up 10 year old pickup truck. But I also think it’s funny when guys at car shows open up their hoods to show off a stock factory engine or a painted cover. I think the Z06 engine is special or if a 6.2L has a supercharger or twin turbo kit installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny hop
What you described is the car and engine characteristics and car looks. But the engine itself even though great performer is not much to look at or special. Same 6.2L V8 is found in a beat up 10 year old pickup truck. But I also think it’s funny when guys at car shows open up their hoods to show off a stock factory engine or a painted cover. I think the Z06 engine is special or if a 6.2L has a supercharger or twin turbo kit installed.
I think people want to see where the engine is. Even the Z06 engine, while somewhat unique, is nothing special to look at other than perhaps the plaque.

• Haha
Reactions: Bunny hop and DAL
Kind of looks pretty cool to me-I can't see any link to supplier or Canadian(ideally Ontario) installer?? and links or suggestions??

If you can afford it and you want it, sure, go for it. I think what some are saying the price, for them, doesn't justify the allure.
I meant buy a 2024 HTC. Comes with the glass engine cover. EDIT : if you order the HTC with it, according to some. If I can get a 2024 I will probably order it, just to be different and to annoy those who don't like it.

Last edited:
Kind of looks pretty cool to me-I can't see any link to supplier or Canadian(ideally Ontario) installer?? and links or suggestions??

Posted this vid originally as I thought some HTC owners would get a kick out of it .

Obviously its not for everyone .:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Didnt really think it would turn into some bashing the C8 engine.

Some may think the HTC option is " cooler " than the coupe with the engine bay window .... I sure as hell don't and thats perfectly fine ..... who cares , to each his own.

Because with my opinion and a buck fifty you can by a pop at your local vending machine.

Dont really require a history lesson on my posts ... I know what I post and the message I'm trying to get across .

When ever I am at a car meet I love looking at cars ( not just vettes ) and their mechanicals .... stock or not.... and appreciate the time and care that was taken in detailing them. I would never laugh ( maybe some would but I wouldnt ) at someone showing off a stock vehicle that was immaculate. Im always in awe.

But it begs 2 questions .....

1. If the C8 is powered by the exact same engine used in a beat up 10 year old Silverado ... why would Chevy use it in the E-Ray , that will MSRP for more than the Z06 ?

2. If one were to believe that the C8 engine is nothing more than the same thing you would find in a 10 year old pick up ... why the hell would you buy the car to the tune of 100 grand plus...? No answer req here as I already know the answer.

Should I be afraid the next time I pull along side an old pick up that hell take me off the line?:p

We all have opinions and to me that 10 year old recycled pick up truck engine that sits behind me is in its own way a true work of art ......Dam straight it is .

1. If the C8 is powered by the exact same engine used in a beat up 10 year old Silverado ... why would Chevy use it in the E-Ray , that will MSRP for more than the Z06 ?

2. If one were to believe that the C8 engine is nothing more than the same thing you would find in a 10 year old pick up ... why the hell would you buy the car to the tune of 100 grand plus...? No answer req here as I already know the answer.

Should I be afraid the next time I pull along side an old pick up that hell take me off the line?:p

1. 6.2L is one of the best V8s on the market for the money, it just doesn’t look special. Being one of the best V8s on the market for the money is the reason it will be in the E-Ray which by the way is not more expensive than the Z06.

2. I bought an amazing car with amazing performance with a carry over engine for $100,000 because that is the only way GM could have done it for $100,000. An amazing car (Z06) with a amazing bespoke engine 5.5L FPC that is not shared with a 10 year old work truck is $150,000 which I am also getting.

maybe I don’t appreciate the hard work of the guys detailing their stock engine bays for car shows because I don’t like cleaning / detailing and it’s not important to me.

At the end of the day, to each their own, and we all agree that the C8 is the best car for the money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.