Jun 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
C8 Corvette
Province
ON
I’ve got a C8 on order but didn’t want the Z51 option ( my choice- to each their own) & was thinking of adding the high wing, are there any downside to adding the high wing ?? Some say it’s harder to get things in and out the rear compartment.

I’ve got a C8 on order but didn’t want the Z51 option ( my choice- to each their own) & was thinking of adding the high wing, are there any downside to adding the high wing ?? Some say it’s harder to get things in and out the rear compartment.
It's hard enough getting the top in the trunk without the high wing. The older I get the weaker I get and I find it awkward just getting the roof off. It all depends on the person. I personally don't like a wing at all.

My thought is to still get the high wing, love the look of the car with it, and then buy the rear fascia protector to stop the wing from getting scratched up. My understanding is that the protector can also be used to cover the top while it’s in the rear compartment being stored.

just curious as my car should be at the dealer in a few weeks and they will install a high wing too. Question - does the indoor cover (the one with the access panels) fit the car with a high wing? Or is there a special order cover for high wing cars - GM site is poor on details. thx

I put the high wing on, it makes the car. Really isn’t an issue accessing the storage area

Reactions: Fritzn' Around
What did Spencer's charge for the install if you don't mind me asking? I'm ordering a '22 through them, and may get the high wing as well. Thanks.
I also got mine installed at Spencer. No issues with install or accessibility. I have a 2020 so my high wing got cancelled off my order. I believe it was $1100 for spoiler and $400 for install. If you order the high wing on 2022 isnt install included on invoice?

I also got mine installed at Spencer. No issues with install or accessibility. I have a 2020 so my high wing got cancelled off my order. I believe it was $1100 for spoiler and $400 for install. If you order the high wing on 2022 isnt install included on invoice?
I don't think so... I mean, I'm sure the dealer will add it on the final invoice, but, I'm far from that stage... I'm still in the "waiting queue" to order. And the list price on chevy.ca is $1300 for the wing itself. Thanks Aldy!

Install included with factory orders. My splash guards arrived a month after the car and installation is included. Spencer's allowed me to go to any dealer to install and to invoice them and they would invoice GM.
Awesome, good to know. I must have misinterpreted information from other C8 forums, that implied, even if you ordered dealer installed items at purchase, some dealers may charge extra to install said options. Makes sense though, thanks for that!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.