Do you think there will be room anywhere for golf clubs?
You know, you bring up a very good point. I often remark at the flexibility/practicality of my Corvette. It really is an amazing feat. All of the YouTubers and "automotive journalists" miss this point every single time they review the car. They compare it to other cars in the segment: Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, BMW, McLaren, etc.... but they never hit on the "less sexy" aspects of the car that make it an absolute joy to own. In this modern world, guys like us do things like grocery shopping. Who knew???? Yes, as a matter of fact, just yesterday I was at the grocery store picking up several bags of groceries for the family since Judy was working late. If you can't fit all of your groceries in this car, then you're buying too much food LOL. It is ridiculous how much space there is in this car, and as I've said before, when my son Nick and I went to California last summer, we were able to easily fit our two suitcases in the back, with the roof off and stowed back there!!!!!! How many other "super cars"/"sports cars" can accomplish that feat? None. Is this a "sexy" aspect of the car? No. But, it is an incredibly important aspect to anyone who actually owns this car and drives it on a daily basis. Other things such as impeccable reliability (not one issue), maintenance free (no clutch replacements), tech (remote start with the Chevy app from anywhere in the world), plenty of ground clearance up front (no need for a lifting system if you drive the car properly).........on and on....................................... None of these aspects of the car are "sexy" so none of them get the praise they deserve. Is there another sports car/super car that can do +200 mph, 0-60 in 3.0 seconds, and still get 29 mpg on the hwy with all of the aforementioned features? Forget it.

I do hope they are able to retain some of the practicality of the C7 JCWP, but quite honestly, I doubt there will be enough room for golf clubs. I think we as Corvette owners are going to have to make some sacrifices for the C8, but I think dividends will be paid elsewhere.......... :) The question will be, are the dividends enough to make us willing to shell out the extra $$$$$$ and give up our C7? Hmmmmm..........that will be an interesting problem to have ;)

You know, you bring up a very good point. I often remark at the flexibility/practicality of my Corvette. It really is an amazing feat. All of the YouTubers and "automotive journalists" miss this point every single time they review the car. They compare it to other cars in the segment: Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, BMW, McLaren, etc.... but they never hit on the "less sexy" aspects of the car that make it an absolute joy to own. In this modern world, guys like us do things like grocery shopping. Who knew???? Yes, as a matter of fact, just yesterday I was at the grocery store picking up several bags of groceries for the family since Judy was working late. If you can't fit all of your groceries in this car, then you're buying too much food LOL. It is ridiculous how much space there is in this car, and as I've said before, when my son Nick and I went to California last summer, we were able to easily fit our two suitcases in the back, with the roof off and stowed back there!!!!!! How many other "super cars"/"sports cars" can accomplish that feat? None. Is this a "sexy" aspect of the car? No. But, it is an incredibly important aspect to anyone who actually owns this car and drives it on a daily basis. Other things such as impeccable reliability (not one issue), maintenance free (no clutch replacements), tech (remote start with the Chevy app from anywhere in the world), plenty of ground clearance up front (no need for a lifting system if you drive the car properly).........on and on....................................... None of these aspects of the car are "sexy" so none of them get the praise they deserve. Is there another sports car/super car that can do +200 mph, 0-60 in 3.0 seconds, and still get 29 mpg on the hwy with all of the aforementioned features? Forget it.

I do hope they are able to retain some of the practicality of the C7 JCWP, but quite honestly, I doubt there will be enough room for golf clubs. I think we as Corvette owners are going to have to make some sacrifices for the C8, but I think dividends will be paid elsewhere.......... :) The question will be, are the dividends enough to make us willing to shell out the extra $$$$$$ and give up our C7? Hmmmmm..........that will be an interesting problem to have ;)
That is the question: great review of the utility of the C7 - cheers.

Reactions: flyboy999
A few pics of the contents of the trunk on our 2017GS Convertible when we took it to AZ for the winter. We did fold the partition down
IMG_0789.JPGIMG_0790.JPGIMG_0791.JPG

Reactions: flyboy999
A few pics of the contents of the trunk on our 2017GS Convertible when we took it to AZ for the winter. We did fold the partition down
View attachment 20040View attachment 20041View attachment 20042
That's pretty impressive, particularly in a convertible!!! I fear, as JCWP pondered, some of the practicality of the Vette is going to be lost on the C8. Is that a deal breaker? Hmmmmmm.......... I don't think I'd hold off on purchasing one for that fact alone, but every time my wife and I take a trip down to "the big city" of Saskatoon for the weekend (which is often) and hit the Midtown Mall for good measure, I'm amazed at all the stuff we can put in the back hatch along with our luggage, and still have room to spare. I'm fairly certain most people who buy sports cars like these don't really factor in practicality, or gas mileage for that matter, but when you get these added benefits with the car it really makes you think about what you'll lose if you trade it in...........

We have heard from Bob Lutz on two occaisions that the Corvette ME has a good amount of storage. Also heard that from an insider. However, the question of what is a “good amount of storage space” is of course highly relative. We take lots of long distance drives in our Corvettes (next year will be our 5th National Corvette Caravan, lived in the Pacific Northwest) — and am glad to see a bunch from BC and Alberta are already signed up to join it), so we know how to pack lightly/functionally for road trips. Personally, not concerned; feel the ME will be just fine for our cargo needs for our trips (but we are not golfers, and have doubts as to whether the two proverbial golf bags will fit).

My best estimate based on other ME’s, that the Corvette’s frunk will have 6 cubic feet of space, the storage shelf behind the seats another 6 cf — at least in the coupe version.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.