Casual User
C8 Ontario
Aug 9, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
‘21 torch red C8 HTC
Province
ON
Help! Somehow I drained my battery while having battery trickle charger plugged in but left the frunk open slightly. Now most things have reset but my front cameras don’t turn on when I press the camera button. Any ideas how to reset?

Help! Somehow I drained my battery while having battery trickle charger plugged in but left the frunk open slightly. Now most things have reset but my front cameras don’t turn on when I press the camera button. Any ideas how to reset?
Having the frunk open, but on the first catch shouldn't drain the battery.
You can reset the whole car. You need to pull the negative battery cable for 10 minutes.. The battery likely still had some charge so the car didn't reset properly.

Having the frunk open, but on the first catch shouldn't drain the battery.
You can reset the whole car. You need to pull the negative battery cable for 10 minutes.. The battery likely still had some charge so the car didn't reset properly.
Thanks Murray. I’ll try that. I couldn’t think of any reason battery would be dead except for the frunk open and maybe didn’t put the charger in correctly. The car was sitting for about a week.

Thanks Murray!!!! That did the trick. I noticed my reverse camera wasn’t tracking when the wheel was turned as well as the front cameras not working. All good now. Thanks again!

Thanks Murray!!!! That did the trick. I noticed my reverse camera wasn’t tracking when the wheel was turned as well as the front cameras not working. All good now. Thanks again!
I’m happy to hear you were able to solve the problem. However, I don’t think leaving the frunk open would drain your battery because the light inside the frunk turns off after 5-10 minutes. I leave the frunk open all the time with the charger plugged in and have never had a problem. The longest time was several weeks. So you may need to look for another reason for the battery drain.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
However, I don’t think leaving the frunk open would drain your battery because the light inside the frunk turns off after 5-10 minutes.
Ya, I forgot about the "battery run down protection" on GM cars.
A lot of C8 owners have found their batteries weak after the delivery trip. They are supposed to be shipped in "Transport Mode" but you never know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.