Has anyone s C8 alarm gone on for nothing? Mine has gone on 3 time, in the last 15 minutes and it's in the garage!
Has anyone s C8 alarm gone on for nothing? Mine has gone on 3 time, in the last 15 minutes and it's in the garage!
@DenisC8 mentioned not long ago he received a notice from OnStar saying that there was a theft attempt on his car and it was safe and sound in his garage. He may have more information…

You will not believe this but I think it was a fly, inside the car. Nothing else, makes sense.
You are right about the first part. ;) And it wasn’t from this.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
  • Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette
It happened yesterday around this time
It says 0 earthquake in the last 24 hours. I read, in another forum, that the alarm is very sensitive. Even extreme heat can cause it to go off. Anyway it hasn't happened in the last 24 hours. Problem solved 😌

It says 0 earthquake in the last 24 hours. I read, in another forum, that the alarm is very sensitive. Even extreme heat can cause it to go off. Anyway it hasn't happened in the last 24 hours. Problem solved 😌
Ah…that’s why I posted the link. Figured check one extreme to the other. ;)

Mine started doing it all the time and having a rear access open alarm on a regular basis, The soft close mechanism which has a built in sensor
was replace under warranty, all is well now
Welcome to the forum Frank! Thanks for the info and great to know you got it fixed!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.