Featured Thread
Not wild about street racing but interesting results. Don't show that to Garry.:Biggrin:

Garry would be in the running for this one.
I’m not a proponent of street racing either as the grown up side of me recognizes the dangers to others who shouldn’t have to deal with this crap. But.... this one was entertaining and it looks like they at least picked a light traffic time and were in control.

Garry's feeling pretty good about this actually. I mean a Demon with 808 bhp (or 840 bhp if you can find 100 octane!), 4280 lb against a c7 Z06 with 650 bhp, 3800 lb..............

If the math is correct, from my experience, I started with 448 rwhp from 505 bhp in a stock C6 Z06, so 12.7% difference. As well, now that I understand that car engines power is measured at sea level with a 3% loss for every 1000'.

So, Calgary is 3400' above sea level.

Thus the 738 rwhp that Davenport was able to produce should equal 738 x 1.127% (converting rwp to bhp) x 1.102 (converting bhp to sea level) = 916 bhp.

So, if this is correct, 100 bhp more than a Demon, 200 bhp more than a Hellcat and a car that weighs 3150 lb.

I sleep happily at night I think.

Sadly my Hellcat neighbour is selling his house and moving. Probably to a neighbourhood with slower cars?

But I'd love to do a side by side pull just to see and satisfy my curiosity once and for all. Given appropriate empty road conditions of course.

On paper at least there should not be any issues for me outside of traction depending on the rolling start point. From a stop, well, I think I love my tires too much for that!

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
To be honest Riley every time I go and start that car I just keep thinking I'd have paid more than I did for the outcome. Shaking, rumbling, resonating, you just can't have enough of that. Even pulling out of the garage and waiting on the driveway for it to warm up and hearing it reverberating off the garage walls, well I must have done at least one or two things right in my life to have this experience now. Next to driving it the best 5 minutes of my day it seems. And while I can be silly sometimes and I would have loved to have had this car when I was 18 I'm glad that I didn't as I am not sure if I would have been responsible enough to to not have killed myself.

But yeah, kitty last seen running away with its tail between it's legs!

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread