There is actually a few great videos as well. This did actually make me consider one thing, as I travel from Niagara to NYC so often, and that was whether i would bring it because of the Valet concerns. This doesnt stop them from joy riding, only identifies that they have. And then there is the other concern where you may have created a valet who is insulted that he hasnt the trust, so he does something not so obvious inside the car where there is no camera...something small like a 3 inch cut along the seam of your leather seating... I know I know... I am a pessimist.

Here is the Chevy video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeO2dxH9tUI

There is actually a few great videos as well. This did actually make me consider one thing, as I travel from Niagara to NYC so often, and that was whether i would bring it because of the Valet concerns. This doesnt stop them from joy riding, only identifies that they have. And then there is the other concern where you may have created a valet who is insulted that he hasnt the trust, so he does something not so obvious inside the car where there is no camera...something small like a 3 inch cut along the seam of your leather seating... I know I know... I am a pessimist.

Here is the Chevy video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeO2dxH9tUI

Yeah me too.....that's why I would never valet my car but there are some who will.
The new measures are at least a little deterrent.

C.

This is after the fact any damage has been done! There is not to much you can do about it unless massive damage is done. Except not go to that hotel or restaurant again.
GM has failed here correct me if I am wrong but I thing it was the 1986 vettes that had a valet mode ( still waiting for gm to bring this back ) a different key was used in the center console, once turned 90 degrees car was at half power not to sure how it worked rev limiter maybe now hand your keys to the valet.
As you do this let him know car only operates at 1/2 the horse power

If it were up to me the valets of this world would be out of a job, no chance in hell they are going to get my C7. Besides unless Swiss Chalet and East Side Mario's start offering valet service I'm not likely to encounter one on my travels.

On a side note a few yrs ago my neighbours hosted a backyard wedding, his daughter married a NHL player and there were a ton of very nice cars there. They offered valet parking as they had to spread the cars around the neighbourhood. I noticed quite a few of the Porsche and high end car drivers dropping off their wives/girlfriends and hoofing it themselves after parking the car. Were not alone in our disrespect of valets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread