YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Hmmm … 🤔
Did a C7 search on here and could not find this one. Here’s an interesting “welcome to summer” … 😳
Anyone C7 ever have this?
What the hell could this be?
Gonna ask my dealer in YEG while here this week but thought I should ask on here as well.
Hopefully not going to get a speculative answer involving a $170/hr labor charge + a whatnot supplies fee 💸 … argh 🤪

1F3DCF25-A7FF-4A65-82F6-5FA90FB1EACA.jpeg

I will look into that. Was suspicious of on star as our free subscription is done last fall and so are we with them. They have been trying to coordinate our pulling the corvette out of shelter all through the snowy winter so they could deactivate … but no way I was going to do that for them. Wondering if they triggered this as a nuisance … it is soooo strange. We get the displayed message every morning starting up and then not repeating with restarts through the day.
Next morning … it displays again. Thanks for your reply and hint 🙂👍🏻

On the other forums, there are few mentions of your issue. Mostly talk is about the many sensors that make up the alarms system without any indications as to where they are located. IIR, one point made was a possible low battery current caused by a weaker than normal or deteriorating battery. Perhaps that is why it shows first time in the morning and not after some use time. My OnStar is not active during the winter months either by just cancelling/suspending the service. When driving season starts, I just call them and again subscribe to the basic safety and security package. OnStar does this without the need to pull the C7 from storage.

Last edited:
I don’t subscribe or read the “other forum” … thx for the words. hmmmm 🤔
I may have to test by having the vette on a maintainer over night. It’s a new battery I put in last year @ 4 years.
On star consistently only reacts with voice messages and then emails a monthly update when our vehicles are driven outside of our garage. I may need to source a good code reader before throwing an hour’s labour toward the dealer … I like new tools 😁👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
On the other forums, there are few mentions of your issue. Mostly talk is about the many sensors that make up the alarms system without any indications as to where they are located. IIR, one point made was a possible low battery current caused by a weaker than normal or deteriorating battery. Perhaps that is why it shows first time in the morning and not after some use time. My OnStar is not active during the winter months either by just cancelling/suspending the service. When driving season starts, I just call them and again subscribe to the basic safety and security package. OnStar does this without the need to pull the C7 from storage.
This. Had the theft alarm issue when the car was 3 1/2 years old with OEM battery. I keep it on a NOCO maintainer but the stock batts appear to be marginal at best. Dropped in new AGM battery with 40% more CCA and over 200 higher reserve and no more issues at all, plus voltage drops from charge level running of 13.5 - 14.0 +/- right after starting to less than 13 in just minutes, which decreases the load on the alternator big time, which also reduces the load on the engine (and marginally uses less fuel FWIW)

LLC

Reactions: YFCvii
👆🏻Notes taken … thank you.
If the battery … I realized that battery failure can be immediate with the OEM factory battery. As I needed a replacement “in a hurry”, I had a choice between the same or “an upgraded” battery from the dealer. We will see how this “upgraded” battery performs … unless this is the problem. They are a chore for replacing … I have a tool now for helping to lift it out. Appreciated.

👆🏻Notes taken … thank you.
If the battery … I realized that battery failure can be immediate with the OEM factory battery. As I needed a replacement “in a hurry”, I had a choice between the same or “an upgraded” battery from the dealer. We will see how this “upgraded” battery performs … unless this is the problem. They are a chore for replacing … I have a tool now for helping to lift it out. Appreciated.
Yeah, I compared specs on a high capacity AGM ( Absorbed Glass Mat) - typically installed on vehicles with that stoplight auto-start/stop feature, so they’re very immune to charge/deep discharge cycles, like you’d find if you just park it for a month+ without a maintainer.

I bought the Costco Ever-ready they were offering, 5-year Costco warranty, non-prorated as I recall, for approx $240 this past early spring. It’s been superb, AND the lift handle is built right in. An equivalent from the dealer was well over $350 at the time.

LLC

Reactions: YFCvii
Phoned onstar to tell them corvette is outside - so disable the initial free subscription. They didn’t want to do it without trying and trying and trying to get money from my pocket to keep service. Told them AAA is cheaper and I am getting onstar free right now after 5 years and they have an hour to disable it before the car goes back into the garage. Low an behold … freedom from the onstar scare tactics … after all a pro-thief can disable onstar so quickly.
Now to my problem … Tested last two mornings …. Hmmmm … no more service theft system messages.
Coincidence … perhaps but who really knows … 🤪 I am on to the next item on my to-do list.

Last edited:
Reactions: OL Yeller
2 week update …
Got onstar to get rid of the “free” thing now that it is coming up to expiry as they could not find our Corvette from inside our garage for doing it. We got a few extra months for free (apparently). Did nothing else to the Corvette and the “service alarm” has not showed up for 14 days now.
Onstar can say whatever they want … I don’t care anymore about onstar as this nuisance is now gone. Yippee.

Reactions: turbozig
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread