Aug 5, 2020
Ontario, Streetsville
VetteCoins
Car
2018 Grand Sport
Province
ON
The drivers side seat vent switch lights up to indicate on-state (meaning power should be sent to the fans), however no air flowing through the seat and no vibration that the fans are on. Passenger side works fine. Anyone have any issue such as this and what was the solution ?
1657667396602.png

Reactions: Dik
Howdy SharkBait.

I didn't know how the seat cooling worked and the picture you posted is pretty much unreadable. Where did you find this information? If it is allowed, can you post the link? I would like to investigate further myself.

So where do you put your hand to feel the fan venting? I will see what I feel with my seats ....

TBH, I have never been impressed with my seat cooling from day one. When I first turn ON the cooling I feel a slight change in seat temperature but it doesn't seem to last very long? If I change the setting up or down, by even one notch, I feel the seat get cooler again. And again only temporarily. My wife cannot feel the passenger seat cool at all.

:Cheers2:

Hi There,
Sorry about the picture I am not sure if I have the link for that I will search it.
The seat do not cool aka air conditioned seats, they just blow air upwards through the seat. if you put Kleenex on the seat and turn the vent on you will see the Kleenex move up and around. The idea with these vents is to have the roof on and the Air-conditioning on also. As the cabin is small the cool air falls to the bottom of the cabin and then is forced back up through the seats.
But on a hot day with the roof off it is still nice to have some vent air push through your seats.

Thanks for your post also

Ah. I understand now.
This may explain why I am not impressed with the seat cooling. I only use the seat cooling when my top is retracted. .... The conditioned air doesn't circulate in my cabin! Lol
Thanks for the reply and I will try your test method for myself and get back to you in a few days. I am going to start a two-day road trip to Calgary in a few minutes.
Cheers!

Someone suggested to turn AC on blast and direct it at your feet then the seat "cooling" works as intended, otherwise the effect isn't really felt. It's not actual seat air conditioning, as someone said it's just a fan blowing air from under your seat upwards towards your crack. I have the same issue, it only really works on super hot days when the AC is turned to really cold.

I experienced the same issue on other non-GM vehicles too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.