Which brings up the old saying - I can't afford to buy cheap products!
Sometimes you have to go with the more expensive items because you know it works right - first time
I should have just listened to Ziggy in the first place. He posted a picture of the CalCarCover jack on another thread. After the jack blew out I went and got the floor jack to learn that I need to lift the car 4 inches on a good tire. That means I might need a piece of plywood or two to get the jack close to the jacking puck that will be 3 or 4 inches off the ground on a flat tire. When it gets warmer out I will figure all that out too. Best place to have a fake flat tire is in the garage.

Don't think you'd get a 6 inch minimum into place. Especially with jacking pucks. Might be wrong though. Should actually measure someday...lol...
The front end is where a "low profile" 6.25" high bottle jack I bought (and returned) failed for me and that was without a jack puck in place yet.
A winter project now into spring that has become a blend of "Rocket science" and "O.C.D." (Corvette version). 🤪

... thus back on the CalCarCover solution for me as the dimension works but may need a shim or two for a needed jacking height - hence the thread -

Last edited:
Pics were sent to Ziggy and spencer as I don’t know how to,post them here, there is one Unser a front tire for a few days and maybe soon we can see how it held up

Ordering a few for display at may ponoka gathering

I do not want to be the middleman as there is no money in these things

the manufacture has to pay a guy to cut the bulky material and grind the edges, and make them very close to size,

the manufacturer also makes other products that are profitable and this would be an inconvenience for them and hutterites could make a pocket for them but once again they don’t want to make just 2 every 7 weeks or one a month club

Not asking for favours just letting guys know that if liked then it would be best to order what you need right away as the manufacturer will not be wanting to do a set for cost and ship them as a favour and I could and should use up my favours in a better way for me

Our hobby and passion is not cheap nor easy at times,

if it was the solution would already to out there and we could all just bitch about the pricing

And 2. B. blunt it is a lot easier to complain about price rather than try to provide a solution

not complaining just explaining

your humble servant. The stig

I will do a dry run this week and let you guy's know how much extra shim height is required under the jack to have the tires clear the ground. The more I think about it, the more I want to use good old nicely cut wood blocks. Maybe some nice birch or oak for some trunk air freshener. Could use a wood burning kit and burn corvette cross flags on the pieces also. Just a thought, might be cool.

Reactions: Bixter44
That's true for me too. It's 6" to the rocker panel with the tire full of air and no jacking puck in place. Other than that, I like the jack.

With this jack, not sure you'd need a jack puck, since it looks like it would fit in the jack point indentation. Since the tires are runflats, not sure how much if any drop in height you'd experience.

I guess each of us will be different clearances based on what ride height we have the car set to.

One other thought, what about having a small, multi pieced 2" ramp to assist in clearance? Say piece of 2x8x8 flat and another wedged that connected. Get out put in front of tire, roll forward 12". Would take 4x8x8 in storage, the space of about 3 beers!

With this jack, not sure you'd need a jack puck, since it looks like it would fit in the jack point indentation. Since the tires are runflats, not sure how much if any drop in height you'd experience.

I guess each of us will be different clearances based on what ride height we have the car set to.

One other thought, what about having a small, multi pieced 2" ramp to assist in clearance? Say piece of 2x8x8 flat and another wedged that connected. Get out put in front of tire, roll forward 12". Would take 4x8x8 in storage, the space of about 3 beers!
Well, I sure do like the "beer" part :thumbs:

Reactions: smackYYZ

You make a good point for run flats and no jack puck needed. I don't have run flats. Not sure how much more driving I will want to do once my rim is on the ground almost. But that's true. You won't lose much clearance with a run flat that's out of air.

Reactions: smackYYZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread