beautiful car, should be lots of C6's on the market as a result.....

I dont foresee this happening as most C6 owners dont seem to like the new car enough to sell theirs..even the wife, whom hates our passion for vettes said the new one doesnt look like a Corvette...so guess I'll be supercharging my C6 as it is 7 years old now and only 12 k on it, but I do like the new C7, just not enough to part with my Lemans blue beauty

beautiful car, should be lots of C6's on the market as a result.....

Rightly so, the new car makes the C6 look so dated and bland, not to mention the obvious interior improvments. Talked to a salesman today, said they have several C6's coming in on trade already. Here's the bad news....we wont see a c7 till very late in the year if all goes well, maybe not till q1 2014 :(

Well, I see there being two types of C6 owners. Those that like their gorgeous cars and want to keep them and those that like the gorgeous new Corvette enough to move to the new generation. Whether you like the C6 or C7 is just a matter of opinion. I don't see any reason why one would have to move to the new Corvette except by wanting to.

Rightly so, the new car makes the C6 look so dated and bland, not to mention the obvious interior improvments. Talked to a salesman today, said they have several C6's coming in on trade already. Here's the bad news....we wont see a c7 till very late in the year if all goes well, maybe not till q1 2014 :(

Dated??? Bland?? obviously you dont own a C6...I get mega attention when I am out on the road....love the looks and style, everything!!!!

Call the C6 bland. I call it a reserved look. Suits us to a "T". I never was one for scoops all over the place, especially the fake ones that did nothing. Give me a sleeper any time. After 12K miles, we're as happy with our car as when we bought it. With the C7, they just took all the C6 lines and accentuated them. I like the new car but see no need to move up. I prefer to let someone else take that first $30K hit.

Dated??? Bland?? obviously you dont own a C6...I get mega attention when I am out on the road....love the looks and style, everything!!!!

I've owned a C4 and C5, both got huge attention as well and are extremely attractive car's to this day, as is the C6. Now I could only imagine the amount of attention a C7 would get since everybody is saying how pictures don't do the car any justice, its a must see in person car. That, and I like what I see in pictures......I can't wait to see one in the flesh!

I've never met a salesman anywhere that would say otherwise. Creating demand to keep prices up is a MUST--especially in the economy.

Realtors always saying buy now--the market's going up! It's a pitch--whether the old car looks dated or not--he's never going to say nobody's ordered it.

The fact that it's a Corvette also means there will always be someone wanting it...........so I believe the sales guy, but am just making a point.
[mob][/mob]

I've never met a salesman anywhere that would say otherwise. Creating demand to keep prices up is a MUST--especially in the economy.

Realtors always saying buy now--the market's going up! It's a pitch--whether the old car looks dated or not--he's never going to say nobody's ordered it.

The fact that it's a Corvette also means there will always be someone wanting it...........so I believe the sales guy, but am just making a point.
[mob][/mob]

Agreed Vince -- We've heard it many times: "previous whatever is just old junk and to be replaced with the new and better.............."

Truth is quite the contrary in this case.

The C7 is a beauty -- no doubt but previous gens are equally and perhaps more beautiful to some.

Agreed Vince -- We've heard it many times: "previous whatever is just old junk and to be replaced with the new and better.............."

Truth is quite the contrary in this case.

The C7 is a beauty -- no doubt but previous gens are equally and perhaps more beautiful to some.

I also have to agree. I hope we can stay away from the inevitable caparison between the C6 and C7 and saying this is better looking than that, etc. Of course, when ever anything new comes out, it's natural to compare it to what it is replacing. I expect the C7 to be the best Corvette available as it is the newest and GM should be learning how to improve these cars with each generation otherwise what is the point of bringing out a new model? I guess the tough thing is comparing the non performance aspects of the car as this is only a matter of opinion and can't be verified on a track or by numbers. Some people, like myself, love the look of the C7 (jury is holding their breath on the tail lights until it can be seen in person:D) but even if I like the look,this doesn't mean I don't have to like the C6 any less, or C5, C4, C3, C2, or C1 any less for that matter. It's also ok to like the looks of the previous generations more than the C7! How many people still dream to own a C2? I doubt that will ever change but no one compares the looks of the C7 to C2. The previous generation always seems to get hammered or defended when a new model comes out.

How many people still dream to own a C2? I doubt that will ever change but no one compares the looks of the C7 to C2. The previous generation always seems to get hammered or defended when a new model comes out.

The idiots at the other place still hammer on the C4 generation, even though a great many of them don't even own a bloody Corvette. :rofl:

How do you spell "jealousy"? :D

well I'm getting ready to buy not replace and still wondering which one to get a C6 or C7, will be seeing my 1st C7 this week in TO maybe that will help sway me. Really don't like getting the 1st model year of anything and the final year of a generation is pretty much perfection on the series so it's a tough decision. My old beater Vet will have a new stable mate soon enough ....Rob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread