^^^^^^Your car is a C6 ZR1 correct??? I keep thinking we were discussing a C7 GS here but I guess that's the car the OE poster was inquiring about wheels for.

If you don't track and just drive the car on cruises and stuff I'm guessing running only -1/4' camber all around should be fine but if you do some corner carving on those cruises at some decent speeds you will be wearing out the outer edge of your tires. That tiny amount of - camber on the rear wheels tend to make the car twitchy when taking corners at speed (meaning tendency to oversteer). Most cars run at least -1' of camber in the rear to make the car more stable when corning aggressively.

As for the front wheel offset +36 on a 10.5" wide wheel moves the face of the wheel out 10.4mm compared to the stock C6 ZR1 +40mm 10" wide wheel:

but compared to a stock C7 ZR1 front wheel it's 4.3mm out but 8.3mm towards the suspension but it will still fit no issue.

I actually wished my RSR front wheels were a +36mm offset as I tend to find the front wheels are tucked in more compared to the quite radical +47 offset of my rear wheels.

I don't recall what suggested alignment settings should be on a C6 ZR1 but in most cases GM will probably want at least -1' camber on the front wheels.

I had my alignment checked last year on the ZR1 and had it adjusted to my specs (fairly close to GM specs but I deviated from them on camber). I plan to track once my car is ready so currently I run -1.25' camber on the front wheels, +8' caster and stock toe settings. On the rear it's -1' camber, +0.6' caster and 0 toe. Car goes straight down the road (with some sensitivity in truck ruts but hey........race car) and corners like a dream (stable and predictable). I've never had issues or major inner tire wear on all my cars running -1' camber.

I had camber plates on my GT500 and also ran -1.25' camber on the front wheels and that car also drove pretty good. For my POS everyday driver in the summer time (Suzuki SX4) I run a 17x8" wheel 245/45/17 Indy 500 and I have camber bolts on that car and also set up with -1' camber. That car this year I bought and plan to run a 17x8.5" wheel with the same size tire so I might adjust my alignment accordingly we'll see.

- camber is good, if you don't go too crazy with it tire wear is minimal for regular street and limited spirited driving.
I do have the C6 ZR1 and the 2019 GS. I bought the zr1 new, it had -1.0° on 4 wheels and the car was way to much reactive for my liking, also at 900 km, the inner side of the tires were already showing signs of wear. I really dont race or track my cars, I do fast acceleration sometimes but mostly on staight line and the tires are so massive they stick to the road no problem, with -.25° it makes a smoother ride and I did 20000km with the first set of tires. On spirited driving, the problemes comes from the right seat, it scream way more then the tires.:D I bought the GS at 3000km, now 8000km and the rear tires are done, front one almost done to, all wearing badly on the inside. I did mesure the alignment before I put it away for winter and it was from-.9 to -1.0° camber. To agressive for my kind of driving. I will put new wheels and new Michelin tires on the GS, A set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 RF on the ZR1, new part numbers for 2022, similar to the Michelin Cup wit about 5/32 new, believe me, they wont see the rain. Someone post that a lot of negative camber is putting a lot of pressure on the weakest part of the wheel, I do beleive it's logic especially on very large rims, with very low profile runflat tires. My search for wheel is on again. At least I have everything in hand to correct the rear alignment.

Found a few sets of forged on a Canadian website wheelwiz.ca so good to know you can buy some locally without suffering massive shipping and import charges from US. Will purchase a set later this year or as soon as the normal rims give out.

I think I know the issue, the factory camber is way too aggressive and puts too much strain on the inside of the rim at ground level. And if you put the car into sport/track mode the suspension stiffens up and any pot hole will now wreck your rim. Do that a few times and game over. I'm 100% certain this is a camber issue that's amplified by bad roads which is why the issue is so random for people.

Gonna take the car in this spring and have them give me a more flat alignment.

lol.... we been talking about camber and caster adjustment here On CCF since 2014 when my C6 rubbed the inside edge of the front tires to the cords and had to be replaced... After re-setting the camber and caster, all was good. When I bought my C7 new, I took it from the showroom into the service bay and had them set the alignment, camber and caster to my specs. It is not only hard on rims but even harder on the rubber. My tires wear perfectly even and I notice no difference in handling for the way I drive. A new Michelin PSS tire has 10/32 tread depth. Mine after 25k have 6/32 remaining. I drive spirited with the occasional light em up and still expect my OEM tires to last close to 40k....

Found a few sets of forged on a Canadian website wheelwiz.ca so good to know you can buy some locally without suffering massive shipping and import charges from US. Will purchase a set later this year or as soon as the normal rims give out.

I think I know the issue, the factory camber is way too aggressive and puts too much strain on the inside of the rim at ground level. And if you put the car into sport/track mode the suspension stiffens up and any pot hole will now wreck your rim. Do that a few times and game over. I'm 100% certain this is a camber issue that's amplified by bad roads which is why the issue is so random for people.

Gonna take the car in this spring and have them give me a more flat alignment.
The probleme with reseting the camber to almost zero is the rear toe adjustment. On the C7, GM change the toe link and there is not enought adjustment. I ordered Granatelli toe link and as soon as I take the car out of storage, I will bring it to the shop to install them then I will adjust it like my ZR1 at about -.25 negative camber on 4 corners with oe caster and toe specifications. Dont forget, rear caster is adjustable.

These are all 4 corners of mine with factory set up. 11,000km. Looks like reasonable wear to me given the type of tire. Was the factory set up changed sometime during production years or is the GS/Z06 different?

CB0339C7-2798-49EE-B2A0-75D5F83D86F7.jpeg
923073A3-940E-43E9-B0F2-365DE7F719B4.jpeg
EF120A6F-E3E4-46A7-915C-8A71BA1EDE47.jpeg
A0C50919-567D-4A4E-84B3-BCEB21BECF10.jpeg

These are all 4 corners of mine with factory set up. 11,000km. Looks like reasonable wear to me given the type of tire. Was the factory set up changed sometime during production years or is the GS/Z06 different?

Possibly? I did notice that the tires on mine when I bought it used were eaten the hell up on the inner side. New tires on it now but I'm going to have the shop look at it.

They are different specification depending on wich suspension options you have tha may make the tires worn faster on not. FE1, FE2, FE3, FE4, FE6, FEA and FEB. It is probably on the window sticker or you can scan the QR code in the driver door. This is important information for the tech who will aligne the car

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day

View attachment 93154View attachment 93155View attachment 93156View attachment 93157
Wonder if it has something to do with track ready cars as the convertible would require aftermarket roll over protection before they would let you on the track I believe. Maybe they set the alignment different for convertibles.... Not sure...

I replaced MY GS Rims last summer after cracking a rear rim. Went with MRR755 models as a replacements as they are ZR1 look a likes.

I ordered them through a local shop and they brought them in. A friend who has a Z06 ordered them online directly

Attachments

• 20210903_160405.jpg
    20210903_160405.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread