I would recommend Xpel over 3M, I have my appointment June 17. If want my contact I did get a good deal. I ordered the bumper, mirrors, full hood and front fenders to door. My friend highly recommended the place, but if your here the weekend of the 21st, we can meet and I will show you the finished project. Perhaps LUVMYc7 is available so we can see his Sting Ray Decal in person.

sent private message-thx

I got my XPEL done in Edmonton. They did a great job, cost me $1200 for full hood, full fenders, front bumper, mirrors, rocker panels, and sill plates. They did great work and it looks great.

Posts some detailed pictures if you can. I'm thinking of doing the same, just not sure I can find an installer who will do it that cheap around here in GTA area.

Posts some detailed pictures if you can. I'm thinking of doing the same, just not sure I can find an installer who will do it that cheap around here in GTA area.

Make sure you call around for quotes. I was getting quoted $2100-$2300. Seemed a little high. A few people on here actually recommended this one shop, I called them and they quoted me $1200. Even did some extra work that i requested and they didnt add to the price and I am extremely happy with the results.

I'll try and get some detailed pics of the difference. Colour looks the exact same, only a slight orange peel look when looking closely now. Impossible to tell from a distance. Much less noticable than 3M for sure.

going into get wrapped Monday. Neither 3MK or Expel- going with Suntec--http://www.thompsongraphics.com/
went to 4 installers in Calgary and finally picked this one after looking at cars in progress and advise from local industry players.

Stop that! LOL. Just when we were going to switch over to Xpel, which is a product we've never heard of, you suggest another product we've never heard of! So, save me some research time. What is the advantage of Suntec, and why have you chosen it over Xpel? We are still looking to do the Challenger in a couple of weeks. Thanks.

From what I've investigated Avery Nano & XPel Ultimate offer the best protection ( Suntec not as well ), and the XPEL self healing properties is appealing.

One reference I found very interesting was an installer in Europe who took all the films he could get, put them on the same painted metal plates, then shot them with a pellet gun at 3 & 5 m distances. Test of durability of PPF (3M, Avery, KPMF, ORAFOL, XPEL) - Paint Protection Film, Clear Bra Forum - TintDude Forum

My car is in transit to arrive this week, but leaving for 7 weeks on Friday so I won't get my car done until August when I return.

Stop that! LOL. Just when we were going to switch over to Xpel, which is a product we've never heard of, you suggest another product we've never heard of! So, save me some research time. What is the advantage of Suntec, and why have you chosen it over Xpel? We are still looking to do the Challenger in a couple of weeks. Thanks.
I hear ya-lol Was set on Explel over 3m due to 10 year warranty and self healing--The Suntec is self healing with 5 year warranty..that said, I talked to installers who would use whichever product I wished to install. Then I asked their preference (keeping in mind that the profit margin may be greater with one over another??) gave great weight to some crappy installs that I saw on completed cars and figured after 5 years the car would likely look tired enuff for a removal and re-apply?-When all was said and done my decision was more weighted to the installer than the product as everyone said they would warrantee bubbling or yellowing which was sometimes observed on white or silver cars. My biggest concern was edges lifting that I saw on some completed jobs, and was apparently not going to be warranteed according to the owners. If the price was not similar among installers, I found that they would adjust to match other estimates and price for complete front and hood, mirrors, door pulls and full trunk kit (I have a convt) was on average 1700.00 to 1800.00. I don't know if any of my babble helps, and I know we all treasure our toys equally, no matter the cost, so I also gave a great amount of weight to owners that were having cars done that were worth 2 or 3 times more than mine. I am sure whoever you choose will be a good choice. I just had tooo much time waiting for delivery and was starting to get into paralysis by analysis! lol I also took into account that different wraps were more popular in certain areas due to climate conditions. When I was in Palm Springs I found 3M was king, but our conditions in Canada are much different along with Calgary, Ab. being the windshield replacement capital of the world. Good luck with your choice!

Got it back yesterday--I was a little humbled as it was sitting between a $312,000.00 new Ferrari and a new Porshe Carrera S (it did not have the invoice-lol, so have to guess around $150,000.00?) The wrap for my car was $1,800.00 included full front, headlights, hood, mirrors, door pulls, rocker panels and full trunk lid. I must say that due to louvers on the C7 and intricate grill design that the job was more labor intensive than either of the 2 super cars in the shop. Can't praise the work enuff! there were no gaps or join lines except for lower front spoiler which was intentional to allow for replacement of spoiler in case of damage and not require a complete front rewrap. I highly recommend Thompson Graphics Ltd. in Calgary. I am glad I brought it from Vancouver Island for the wrap and now for the return trip. Should be fully broken in and ready for first oil change when It gets to it's summer home.

Last edited:
I have some pics- not aware of how to post them-lol

First the pictures need to be somewhere on the internet. So if you have them on facebook, photobucket or anywhere else you can drop the link into your message.

If you do not have them on the internet, you can upload them to the site. Go to your user control panel ( top left link "User CP" ), then down the left you should see a link "Pictures & Albums". Click there and then create an Album. Then you can upload the photos there. Then you can link to these pictures into your message.

To link into your message use the icon
insertimage.gif
that when moused over says Insert Image. Then insert the URL to the photo you want to post.

Hope that helps!

Really want to see your pics.

Mike

will give it a try on the weekend- my pics are on a blackberry, so I will download to a computer and start from there. Thanks for the help!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.