Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
I am looking to install a catch can for my C7 Z51 dry sump engine, but I would like to hear some first hand reviews and experiences from people that are using them. Wondering what brands they are using? Ease of removing the can for fluid examination and disposal? What mods are required to factory hoses? Can it be converted back to stock without any evidence? There are many threads online with regards to using these, but would like to hear from fellow Canadians in regards to this subject. Thank you in advance for your replies.

I installed an Elite catch can in my Camaro and I have one bought for the Vette but not installed yet. They are not a tough install. An elite can you just screw the bottom of the can off and inspect and dump the oil catchings very easily. I am off next week and was planning on installing. Want to come out and install it with me Ziggy and you can see how easy it is? :)

This is one I have for the vette with upgraded black braided lines and black AN Fittings
"Best" - Elite E2 Catch Can - 2014+ Corvette Stingray w/ Clean-Side Separator and Check Valves

Reactions: turbozig
I installed an Elite catch can in my Camaro and I have one bought for the Vette but not installed yet. They are not a tough install. An elite can you just screw the bottom of the can off and inspect and dump the oil catchings very easily. I am off next week and was planning on installing. Want to come out and install it with me Ziggy and you can see how easy it is? :)

This is one I have for the vette with upgraded black braided lines and black AN Fittings
"Best" - Elite E2 Catch Can - 2014+ Corvette Stingray w/ Clean-Side Separator and Check Valves

That sounds great. I work all week but could be at your place any night after 4 PM if that works for you? How many miles on your Vette, and is it a dry sump engine?

That sounds good, I look forward to it. My bad, I see you have your car listed as a Z51, ooops. How much fluid do you collect in the Camaro? I know these direct injection engines are notorious for expelling oil into the combustion chamber and gumming things up.

It totally depended on how hard one was on the throttle. The more WOT the more blow by there would be catch. I went on a trip last August to Revelstoke then down to South Idaho and back through Yellowstone and then home and had just over 1/4" in the bottom of the can. Long trip but a lot of cruising and not a lot of hard driving.

All engines have the issue. The old style it wasn't as big of a problem though because the misty oil would mix in the intake with fuel/air and burn off. Now with the direct injection engines there is no liquid in the intake for the oil to mix with so it just drops out and sits in there.

Reactions: turbozig
It totally depended on how hard one was on the throttle. The more WOT the more blow by there would be catch. I went on a trip last August to Revelstoke then down to South Idaho and back through Yellowstone and then home and had just over 1/4" in the bottom of the can. Long trip but a lot of cruising and not a lot of hard driving.

All engines have the issue. The old style it wasn't as big of a problem though because the misty oil would mix in the intake with fuel/air and burn off. Now with the direct injection engines there is no liquid in the intake for the oil to mix with so it just drops out and sits in there.

You ordered direct from Elite in the US?

Users who are viewing this thread