Featured Thread
I have not booked into their shop but they are willing to use AI as per my request down side to AI is no cores in stock so you have to send your heads and they are busy with 5-6 week lead time and looks like also prioritizing their good clients like RPM and others before mine. RRG did not present me with their way assuming they are doing the heads themselves with local machine shop?

Are you just addressing the valve issue or getting upgrades as well.
Race ready is a competent shop and could save you alot of fooling around if you are just do the basics.

These cars already have a pretty agressive cam, with high lift and with the high ratio rocker arms, I’m not convinced that this does not exacerbate potential failures or longevity. Unless you want to pull the heads again as part of your maintenance regiment to keep checking. Still way cheaper to do than maintenance on an Italian exotic 😉

Maybe I am too addicted to RPM's YouTube channel and all the extra WHP they get with heads cam and headers. I see typically another 100 at least added to thew car, honestly its not really needed its more about dyno numbers bragging rights to others which is admittedly pretty silly but hey isn't that what makes america great again, spend spends spend needlessly?

Reactions: tommyc6zo6
These cars already have a pretty agressive cam, with high lift and with the high ratio rocker arms, I’m not convinced that this does not exacerbate potential failures or longevity. Unless you want to pull the heads again as part of your maintenance regiment to keep checking. Still way cheaper to do than maintenance on an Italian exotic 😉

More HP is definitely more repairs and maintenance cost 100 percent!

Reactions: tommyc6zo6
A baby cam to accompany a set of lingenfelter head replacements (fix head geometry issue), air intake, and a tune by Champion motors is an easy choice.
Doing that myself in April.

Integrity and stellar qualifications that are on the top shelf is a no brainer realization there..... for many years I have dealt with them.

Unless you have the stomach for issues staying mild is key to your sanity.
I know better than most..... some of you may remember me.

Presently have my 06 Z here in Arizona that I bought in the fall....drove it down here in the fall....incredible place to drive a cool car.
Happy to own a vette again.
Look 👀 to meeting some of you one day at a cruise 🚢 or something.

My 2011 z06 has 62000 km. Any particular symptoms I should be aware of? A local speed shop mechanic says valves will be noisy during cold start up. I'm in Quebec, Laurentians and Montreal

My 2011 z06 has 62000 km. Any particular symptoms I should be aware of? A local speed shop mechanic says valves will be noisy during cold start up. I'm in Quebec, Laurentians and Montreal

from GM

LS7 Valve guide issue summary:
• Affects a small, number of '08, 09 ’10 and ’11 Z06’s
• GM discovered the condition through our cylinder head warranty data involving a very small percentage of our vehicles.
• Through inspection of returned heads, it was determined that a machining error in the valve guide had occurred at our head supplier.
• The quality issue has been contained as of Feb 2011 with 100% inspection of all heads.
• The most common customer complaint has been excessive valve train noise.
However if the condition is not addressed, it could result in engine failure. To date, where this condition has been observed, it has occurred early in the vehicle life.
What customers need to know: They should drive and enjoy their vehicles without fear. If their car demonstrates this condition, they are likely to hear unusual valvetrain noise first. If you have a concern regarding this issue on your personal vehicle feel free to contact me through private message on this forum and we will work to assist in resolving your concern. Feel free to contact me through [email protected] please put attention Evan in the subject. As always, vehicles that have modifications to the powertrain or the calibrations, are no longer covered by GM's warranty.

Sincerely,
Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service

You can spend an endless amount of time researching this issue and not come to a definitive conclusion as to when or why these valves fail. Lots of theories, but the bottom line is some do fail.
Most owners just do them for safety, rather than based on symptoms.
The result of failure is kinda spendy.
imho

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.