Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Because I am such a hack, I ended up stopping from a fast pace one time and didn't let the car slowly roll as I was stopped there to let the rotors cool evenly so I left little deposits on the rotors from the brake pads.

Side note: Rotors do not warp, what happens when you do what I did is that the pad leaves residue on the disk plus the heat from braking changes the chemistry of the rotor causing the part that is heated under the pad to harden as it is not allowed to cool at the same rate as the other part of the disk. The end result is that this hardened area does not wear as quickly as the other part of the rotor. The combination of pad material and less wear on that spot causes the pedal to pulse which we call warp.

Anyway, my brake peddle pulses a bit and I would like to eventually upgrade to C6 Z51 Rotors. I know you need different mounting brackets for the C5 calipers to fit the C6 Z51 rotors. Does anyone have experience with this or has anyone made this mod?

Because I am such a hack, I ended up stopping from a fast pace one time and didn't let the car slowly roll as I was stopped there to let the rotors cool evenly so I left little deposits on the rotors from the brake pads.

Side note: Rotors do not warp, what happens when you do what I did is that the pad leaves residue on the disk plus the heat from braking changes the chemistry of the rotor causing the part that is heated under the pad to harden as it is not allowed to cool at the same rate as the other part of the disk. The end result is that this hardened area does not wear as quickly as the other part of the rotor. The combination of pad material and less wear on that spot causes the pedal to pulse which we call warp.

Anyway, my brake peddle pulses a bit and I would like to eventually upgrade to C6 Z51 Rotors. I know you need different mounting brackets for the C5 calipers to fit the C6 Z51 rotors. Does anyone have experience with this or has anyone made this mod?

Hi Riley, the C6 brakes are a direct bolt on . You just need to make sure that when you purchase them that you get the abutment brackets that go with them . C6 Z51 brakes use a larger front & rear rotor . The calipers are basicly the same as the C5 . I have some a few low Km, complete sets (rotors,calipers & brackets) Shoot me a PM if you are interested .

As a side note, I run C6 Z51 Front calipers on all 4 corners. I developed this about 2 years ago . There are a few members I have done this for:

Front
Saleitems010.jpg

Rear
Saleitems006.jpg

Rear
Saleitems007.jpg

Thx
[email protected]

I think you may change your warping rotor theory if you where to see some of the rotors I have seen on a brake lathe. I always assumed one of the major causes of run-out would be improper torgue of the wheels??

Good call on the improper torquing. I'm going by what an expert in the braking industry has said and I am trying to find the source so I can share it.

Seriously Manny, I have thoughts on a lot of stuff that I want to do, just like so many people. It all depends on finances, of course, but if things go well with me and I am a good boy at saving my pennies. I will look further into this in the spring. The idea of buying a slightly used kit is perfect, I just can't jump on it yet. So far I am in the gathering ideas stage.

I am a believer in the fact that your brake pads will wear faster with out allowing them to cool down between applications! Thus after stopping we should release pressure from the braking system,even if it means using e-brake or neutral!

Looks good with larger rotors, my OEM ones do not look right on the car.
I think my brakes maybe burned out this year since the huge increases in HP in the fall.
Might be in contact with you Manny for some extra stopping power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.