Featured Thread
Nov 5, 2017
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Coupe, 6 spd
Replaced the "wagon wheels" and Installed C6 18/19 wheels with new Michelin Super Sports. Huge ride and feel difference from old Goodyears.
Added 1/4" spacers in rear to adjust offset difference - may be slightly narrower but unless you lower the car no one really sees a difference. Love the look and ride feel now.
IMG_3390resize2.jpg

Replaced the "wagon wheels" and Installed C6 18/19 wheels with new Michelin Super Sports. Huge ride and feel difference from old Goodyears.
Added 1/4" spacers in rear to adjust offset difference - may be slightly narrower but unless you lower the car no one really sees a difference. Love the look and ride feel now.
View attachment 15588

When we bought our 2005 in 2012, it had the painted wheels which did nothing for the silver car. We eventually came up with a chrome set and had Firestone runflats installed. A little smoother ride, quieter and looked better. You can see all the brake parts so they have to be kept decent looking and not get all rusty and dusty. Worth it though.
IMG_3139.JPG

When we bought our 2005 in 2012, it had the painted wheels which did nothing for the silver car. We eventually came up with a chrome set and had Firestone runflats installed. A little smoother ride, quieter and looked better. You can see all the brake parts so they have to be kept decent looking and not get all rusty and dusty. Worth it though. View attachment 15650
Pretty nice looking ride Keith. I love the silver and grey on these cars. All shades of both too.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Over the years, we had three different silver Chevelles and a silver el Camino. Friends have gotten to know us for our silver cars. You can slip by the police better than you can with give-me-a-ticket-orange or red. It doesn't have the flash of other colours but suits us. I also have a set of polished 18-19s that I should sell.

Reactions: ron6468
ron6468, I was wondering if you had to do anything to the speedometer gear to compensate for the larger wheels.I like the C6 wheels,as they look much more sportier than the plain looking wagon wheels.The reason I ask is,I installed C7 Z06 wheels,but they are 17/18's on Nitro NT-05 tires.I wanted to get the Michelin Pilots but they don't make them in the 17/18 size unfortunately
IMG_3937.JPG

Last edited:
When we bought our 2005 in 2012, it had the painted wheels which did nothing for the silver car. We eventually came up with a chrome set and had Firestone runflats installed. A little smoother ride, quieter and looked better. You can see all the brake parts so they have to be kept decent looking and not get all rusty and dusty. Worth it though. View attachment 15650

Agree chrome looks good with silver!

Attachments

• 673A14BD-A24F-43F4-B73C-03CCACEA1CF7.jpeg
    673A14BD-A24F-43F4-B73C-03CCACEA1CF7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Keith Tedford
ron6468, I was wondering if you had to do anything to the speedometer gear to compensate for the larger wheels.I like the C6 wheels,as they look much more sportier than the plain looking wagon wheels.The reason I ask is,I installed C7 Z06 wheels,but they are 17/18's on Nitro NT-05 tires.I wanted to get the Michelin Pilots but they don't make them in the 17/18 size unfortunately
View attachment 21567
Missed this question. Only a month late. I did notice based on the GPS that the car is going about 2-4 KMH than it states on the speedometer. At 120, the GPS showed 124. This tends to drop off at slower speeds - 80KMH shows 82KMH on the GPS. Certainly nothing I'm going to worry about. I have to say the Michelin Pilots are the best tires I've ever had on a performance car without going full track type which I wouldn't have wanted anyway.

No worries,that’s not as much of a difference on the Speedo as I had thought it would be.I have Michelin Defenders on my Silverado & they are the best all around tires I’ve ever had as well.I think I will be looking into a new set of pilots in the future.....👍

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.