c1smith11

I'm New Here
Aug 29, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
2005 Corvette C6
Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a chance to get yours cars out over the last month or so.

I really want to switch up my rims this year. I really am not sure if i'll with z06 reps or if ill do an aftermarket wheel. My biggest question is ; Whats the largest wheel and tire we can fit on our cars without having any rub? As well as no modificatons? I've seen some forums say 305 on the back and 265 on the front. Anyone tried this? Any help would be appreciated.

Here's my car now using Zr1 reps with stock sizing!

Thank you

C6254D85-66A2-4917-9B4B-65916574CB65.JPG

According to some treads, this is the biggest size wheels and offsets and tires that will fit a base C6 without rubbing.
Front 18x9 Offset +50 with 265/35/18
Rear 19x10.5 offset + 65 with 305/30/19
It is advised to get the GM stoneguards to prevent the lower levels from getting rock chips. Here is a pic of the OP tread with those wheels and tires on a 2011 base convertible.
1587267309439.png

I had the Z06 Style Chrome wheels with the C6 sizes and normal offsets, but changed out just before hibernation to a set of C7 Machined faced black wheels with the C6 fitment incl OEM offsets.
My Z06 style wheels all had various stages of aluminum corrosion on the tire bead area, and two of them were starting to leak air (approx 1psi per day), so after 8 years, it was time for new wheels.
Although I am not a big fan of Black wheels, I know that it is the latest trend on the newer vehicles, so I split the difference and show a bit of aluminum.
OLD WHEELS
car slammed1.jpg

NEW WHEELS
new wheels 2.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.