Elf

Power User
Feb 28, 2011
North of Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2008m vert
My mother said I wasn't real smart so I've done everything wrong twice before I get it .As C6 vert owners know there is not a lot of trunk room .My wife has been flying out of Boston so I drive her down (3 hours) so I like to take the vett. Her suite case fits only if I take the top protector out and with 100 degree weather I'm not going to put the top down anyway.Every thing is good EXCEPT the top will not go down so you can put the protector back .How in hell does the top know the protector is not in there ?Putting the protector back is a pain unless you can get the top half way down .

That all said I leave for Boston in about two hours and yes I'm taking the top protector out (what a idiot huh?) It amazing that the top knows it's not in there.:mad:

Switch is along the back of the panel that the top protector clips to. Open your truck and look on the right hand side of this area close to the nub the protector locks too, there you will find the switch that must be depressed in order to open the top. Either place something like a piece of tape to hold it in or make a snap to do the same then open top, Hope this works.

Switch is along the back of the panel that the top protector clips to. Open your truck and look on the right hand side of this area close to the nub the protector locks too, there you will find the switch that must be depressed in order to open the top. Either place something like a piece of tape to hold it in or make a snap to do the same then open top, Hope this works.
Ah ,I found it thanks :D

mine also had a swt at the bottom left corner as well as top right side. both need to bepushed in before my top would work. my car is an 05

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.