It feels like you loose all the power, it can be bad connection on 12v or ground. If this was my car, I would check every ground connctions, starter connections, check the big red wire on the fuse block under the hood. The fact that the check engine light comes ''on'' but dont give code may be the result of lost power or ground and the pcm loose the codes in its memory.
Thanks, i'll go over the grounds again ...

Tough one.... No codes lends me towards a fuel problem. Be nice to check fuel pressure at the rail when it is running... ECU/ECM can also shut the engine down if it senses something weird going on... like low oil pressure (why I'd asked about pressure....)... That's about the extent of my guesses... Good Luck...

Have you checked the fuse panel BLUE connectors under the passenger floor board? If you had a passenger that applied the imaginary brakes, the floorboard could of of pushed against the connector casing it to shift and not making connections on some of the wires.
This will cause all kinds of alarms, etc. Undo the connectors and check the pins, put dielectric grease on the pins and reconnect.
This may fix your issues. If the issues go away, then put spacers (pencil erasers) so the floor board cannot touch the connectors.
This may not be your problem, but it won't hurt to check.
Good Luck

Attachments

• Electrical Fuse Panel in Passenger Foot well.pdf
    351.2 KB · Views: 35
Looks like we finally got it figured out, had to replace the ECM, now it needs reprogramming for the engine addons, cam, etc .... at least it keeps running now, so looking forward to my 1st cruise weather permitting ... update: programming done and it's running like a champ!

Last edited:
Reactions: BDK
This is somewhat ironical ! Just had to replace the ECU on my '09 C6 Z06. Could start the car
and be driving along when the engine just shut down, no warning ! Sometime could do 50 -60km
with no trouble; other times car wouldn't even start. Garage got GM techs involved and the ECU
was isolated as the cause. With fingers crossed, no problems for the past 3 weeks.

Tony

This is somewhat ironical ! Just had to replace the ECU on my '09 C6 Z06. Could start the car
and be driving along when the engine just shut down, no warning ! Sometime could do 50 -60km
with no trouble; other times car wouldn't even start. Garage got GM techs involved and the ECU
was isolated as the cause. With fingers crossed, no problems for the past 3 weeks.

Tony
Glad you got it sorted out Tony, how many KM on your car, mine has 40,000 ...

2008 LS3 42,000 Km, have owned the car 5 years with no problems but now when i start it, it will run for a few seconds and the engine just quits, everything goes black on the dash and will not restart. After a few seconds everything seems to reset and i get the check engine light, low engine power, check traction control. low fuel warnngs on the dash, after it shuts down. When the ignition (green light) comes on the start button i try to restart it and everything just goes black on the dash again. If i press on accessory then shut it off sometimes it will start other times it wont. When the engine is running the alternator is putting out 14.4 volts , battery is always on a tender and right up to charge and the cables are tight on the terminals. The car is not throwing any codes according to the code reader, nada ... anyone out there had similar problems? .Last week i had to change the accelerator pedal because i had a code on the sensor on the pedal, reset the code and it ran fine after that, the next time i went to use the car this problem started up again. Before i changed the accelerator pedal it was doing the same thing but at least it was throwing the code for the pedal throttle sensor .. any help would be appreciated...
How is your fuel pump? 😷

2008 LS3 42,000 Km, have owned the car 5 years with no problems but now when i start it, it will run for a few seconds and the engine just quits, everything goes black on the dash and will not restart. After a few seconds everything seems to reset and i get the check engine light, low engine power, check traction control. low fuel warnngs on the dash, after it shuts down. When the ignition (green light) comes on the start button i try to restart it and everything just goes black on the dash again. If i press on accessory then shut it off sometimes it will start other times it wont. When the engine is running the alternator is putting out 14.4 volts , battery is always on a tender and right up to charge and the cables are tight on the terminals. The car is not throwing any codes according to the code reader, nada ... anyone out there had similar problems? .Last week i had to change the accelerator pedal because i had a code on the sensor on the pedal, reset the code and it ran fine after that, the next time i went to use the car this problem started up again. Before i changed the accelerator pedal it was doing the same thing but at least it was throwing the code for the pedal throttle sensor .. any help would be appreciated...
Clean the battery and starter cables terminals well... That should fix it it. Im a licensed tech.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.