Postie

Feb 28, 2009
Cold lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Does anyone have any new or updated info on your end for this, beyond it what was stated in Dec that GM would be recalling C6's Painted removable roof starting in Jan
I haven't been notified but have called a dealership which stated there not quite sure the full spectrum. Figures

Does anyone have any new or updated info on your end for this, beyond it what was stated in Dec that GM would be recalling C6's Painted removable roof starting in Jan
I haven't been notified but have called a dealership which stated there not quite sure the full spectrum. Figures

I will call my GM contact on Monday and see if I cam get some clarification for you :D

Thx
[email protected]

Ouch! Actually the previous owner of my car had a similar story regarding my would have been transparent roof.

General Motors Recalls Corvettes

Southfield (WWJ) -- General Motors is recalling more than 22,000 2005-2007 Corvettes and Corvette Z06 because of a problem with the roofs.
The automaker notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that the adhesive between the roof panel and frame of the car may separate and could lead to the roof flying off and hitting another vehicle.

"If there is a partial separation, the driver may notice one or more symptoms, such as a snapping noise when driving over bumps, wind noise, poor roof panel fit, roof panel movement/bounce when a door or hatch is closed, or a water leak in the headliner," GM said in its recall statement.

GM says dealers will install a new design roof panel free of charge beginning in January.

Meantime, GM is also recalling nearly 60,000 2010 Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles because of an issue with the defrosting and defogging system.

GM says the software in the instrument panel can cause the heating, air conditioning, defrost and radio controls, as well as the panel lights, to "become inoperative."

Driving without those functions could lead to an accident.

Dealers will be replacing the computer module in the center panel beginning next month.

Owners may call 1-800-630-2438 for information or contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236.

Here are a couple examples describing what the issue is about as well. Pretty much the same.

GM recalls 20,000 Corvettes over faulty targa top

GM Recalls 2005 and 2006 Corvettes

You can google c6 corvette recall and bam lots of info, unfortunatly by the time it gets to us it's months down the road and dealerships all have different news and or direction, but Manny will look into this on Monday and hopefully from that we'll get more info.

I guess every automaker has their issues.

My question would be why the Z06 is included with the list of Corvettes as it's roof is fixed, is it not? Is the panel that is on the roof still prone to separating?

Just an update on the C6 Painted Removable Roof Recall, went to the dealership in Edm, Nicholson's and I have a new roof incoming, all 05/06 C6 removable roofs will be replaced. Always good to check to see if your Serial number is in there recall mind you. This is only as i can tell Coupe's. Not Zo6's, Key word is the removable painted top's only.

Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.