ron fish

2 You're 10
Jan 21, 2012
Whitby
VetteCoins
Car
2002 coupe
Hi Guys. F/u on my last post re hunting for a c6. I have found a 2008 listed for sale for $23,995.00 at a motorsport shop. It is a cdn car, clean carfax, base model (6 spd), and is in vg shape. The kicker is that it has 179k on it. Although I would like to get into an 08 (LS3, wider body etc.,) I am wondering with this mileage what pitfalls can I expect with this. Or am I better off to continue the search to find an earlier model 05/06 with much lower mileage for probably the same price.
As always your very helpful thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
Ron

Hi Guys. F/u on my last post re hunting for a c6. I have found a 2008 listed for sale for $23,995.00 at a motorsport shop. It is a cdn car, clean carfax, base model (6 spd), and is in vg shape. The kicker is that it has 179k on it. Although I would like to get into an 08 (LS3, wider body etc.,) I am wondering with this mileage what pitfalls can I expect with this. Or am I better off to continue the search to find an earlier model 05/06 with much lower mileage for probably the same price.
Ron

There should be many C6's out there with much lower mileages. This one is probably fine and the price is good but for me I'd wait for a lower mileage car.
If they aren't out there yet they sure will be come spring.

Good luck Ron with the hunt,
Colin

I have an 08 vert for sale 6m pretty nice car with 51,000 miles $30,000 usd and no one is betting down my door with a fist full of money .Yes it's seen rain and driven in one hell of a snow storm :D

The high mileage is a factory but It depends on how the mileage was put on the car.The Corvette is designed to last

Too many miles for my liking too. I'll sell you mine in the spring if you're interested in a quick supercharger A6 08. :D

Ron

A 2008 has the same body as a every year base model. Just don't want you to think its wider and be disappointed.

Tks again everyone for the feedback. Based on everyone's comments and suggestions I will stay in the hunt for a lower mileage car. With a 180k on the clock I was concerned what I would run into wrt replacement parts/repairs etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.