Postie

Feb 28, 2009
Cold lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Manny, I know you have given numbers on C5's (LS1's +) on stock Hp's numbers. I would like some on stock number's on C6's., For the Z06 guys, throw there's in too. so I see what i'm missing lol
Then with Cold Air Intake + Tru X Magna Flow Exhaust or equivalent for the C6's.
Reason being is the 6.0 l states 400hp, which we know isn't full, but with the add ons as stated, what are your findings?

Manny, I know you have given numbers on C5's (LS1's +) on stock Hp's numbers. I would like some on stock number's on C6's., For the Z06 guys, throw there's in too. so I see what i'm missing lol
Then with Cold Air Intake + Tru X Magna Flow Exhaust or equivalent for the C6's.
Reason being is the 6.0 l states 400hp, which we know isn't full, but with the add ons as stated, what are your findings?

Not a problem :

05 - 07 C6 LS2 400 @ the flywheel
06 - present LS7 505 @ the flywheel
08 - present LS3 430 @ the flywheel

Mods & results :

Tune 15 - 20 RWHP
CAI 30 - 40 RWHP
Catback 5 - 15 RWHP
LT's 28 - 38 RWHP

These are the number we have been seeing on a constant .

Hope this helps :)

[email protected]

C5 or C6

Manny i am in the market for another Vet, i'd like to know your thoughts regarding an '03/04 or '05/06, are there any problems with these cars that would be good to be aware of ? looking at an '06 on Kijiji and auto trader right now that is at Can. Fine Motors . Would appreciated hearing from you. [url=http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/SCARBOROUGH_Ontario_

Manny i am in the market for another Vet, i'd like to know your thoughts regarding an '03/04 or '05/06, are there any problems with these cars that would be good to be aware of ? looking at an '06 on Kijiji and auto trader right now that is at Can. Fine Motors . Would appreciated hearing from you.

Nice talking with you Bob :)

[email protected]

Pretty impressive numbers for low budget mods! Numbers like these are much more expensive with the other two of the big three! More HP from a CAI than a long tubes?

Yes more than I thought from the mods, that we all can do mostly ourselves. I have the CAI, and am putting on the complete Xpipe Magnaflow system on soon, minus headers so that should bump me up to lets say 425HP or more possibly, nice.

Are those numbers where you get those gains if you do just one of them? It's not the same if you added them at the same time is it?
Like if you added just a CAI, you would get 30-40rwhp, and if you just added LT's you would get 28-38rwhp but if you added both, you would not get 58-78rwhp would you? If so, I better start looking at some LT's in the next couple years.

Are those numbers where you get those gains if you do just one of them? It's not the same if you added them at the same time is it?
Like if you added just a CAI, you would get 30-40rwhp, and if you just added LT's you would get 28-38rwhp but if you added both, you would not get 58-78rwhp would you? If so, I better start looking at some LT's in the next couple years.

Riley they are cumulative , the more you do the better each mod previous responds.

I see a set of LG Super Pros's in your future :rofl:

Thx
[email protected]

I'm getting pretty good at this!! :canada: one other note Howie, the stock tranny probably would hold together but take it easy on those speedy shifts ;)

That is very well said, these cars will hold quite a bit of hp so long as you are not doing 6k drops and power shifting .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.