its possible to do almost anything but the real point is that if your'e going to go to those lengths, I'd go aftermarket.

The true problem you have is that the C6 is a double din radio size and the C5 is 1.5 din. There are some amazing aftermarket units available in a single din or if you want, you can re-work the hole dash bezel.

its possible to do almost anything but the real point is that if your'e going to go to those lengths, I'd go aftermarket.

The true problem you have is that the C6 is a double din radio size and the C5 is 1.5 din. There are some amazing aftermarket units available in a single din or if you want, you can re-work the hole dash bezel.

:agree: You can get a great aftermarket unit with Nav & including the Double Din Bezel for around $1000.00.:canada:

:agree: You can get a great aftermarket unit with Nav & including the Double Din Bezel for around $1000.00.:canada:

Are you talking about getting a d-din nav unit and the $30 kit for around $1000 or a d-din nav unit and a new C5 dash bezel custom built to accommodate the new headunit?? If it 's the second option.....good luck! :rofl:

Are you talking about getting a d-din nav unit and the $30 kit for around $1000 or a d-din nav unit and a new C5 dash bezel custom built to accommodate the new headunit?? If it 's the second option.....good luck! :rofl:

Dennis at Double D Dods has the modified bezel,with or without ash tray, head units including nav, brackets, wiring plus detailed DIY instructions. "Complete kits" starting at $799.00 U.S and moving up to $1800.00.

He also ships USPS to save you the dreaded UPS charges.

Excellent guy to deal with.:canada:

Dennis at Double D Dods has the modified bezel,with or without ash tray, head units including nav, brackets, wiring plus detailed DIY instructions. "Complete kits" starting at $799.00 U.S and moving up to $1800.00.

He also ships USPS to save you the dreaded UPS charges.

Excellent guy to deal with.:canada:

NAV/Custom bezel combos starting at $1200us....not $799. :D

Nothing fantastic price wise by any means. I can and have done many after you take into account shipping....and the bonus to the Canadian customer.... they actually get warranty on their head unit. Pioneer, JL Audio and other major manufacturers will not warranty anything purchased from non-authorized retailers. I've seen LOTS of people get burned by this unfortunately.

Anyhoo, not taking anything away from DD at all.......i've heard they are indeed great to deal with from a few customers of mine. Just sayin there are "Canadian" options out there as well! :canada:

Cheers! :seeya:

NAV/Custom bezel combos starting at $1200us....not $799. :D

Nothing fantastic price wise by any means. I can and have done many after you take into account shipping....and the bonus to the Canadian customer.... they actually get warranty on their head unit. Pioneer, JL Audio and other major manufacturers will not warranty anything purchased from non-authorized retailers. I've seen LOTS of people get burned by this unfortunately.

Anyhoo, not taking anything away from DD at all.......i've heard they are indeed great to deal with from a few customers of mine. Just sayin there are "Canadian" options out there as well! :canada:

Hey I'm not trying to start a pissing war here.

Just passing along information to a fellow Corvette brother who asked a simple question.

I have dealt with lots of Vendors on both sides of the border, and Double D has been one of the best.

Most of us here cruise numerous Corvette related web sites and networking boards.
The best part of that is the friendships we build and the free information we can pass along and learn from each other.

If you have a good solution for his question thats awesome.
I know a bunch of C5 owners have this mod on their radar screen for a project to fill in time this upcoming winter
Maybe a group buy could be set-up.:canada:

Hey I'm not trying to start a pissing war here.

Nor am i. :D

Just passing along information to a fellow Corvette brother who asked a simple question.
As am i...

I have dealt with lots of Vendors on both sides of the border, and Double D has been one of the best.
That's awesome. I have dealt with many vendors as well. And i never once said anything to the fact that DD weren't great to deal with.

Most of us here cruise numerous Corvette related web sites and networking boards. The best part of that is the friendships we build and the free information we can pass along and learn from each other.
Yes, i am one of those people as well....lol

If you have a good solution for his question thats awesome.
I know a bunch of C5 owners have this mod on their radar screen for a project to fill in time this upcoming winter
Here's my solution for those Canadian players......buy the bezel from Double D and buy your DVD or DVD/NAV head unit from a local Canadian source so you don't get screwed if it comes time to have it warrantied.

Wow...lots of good info to say the least. I also cruise the various Corvette related forums and bought my iPod adaptor from DD. I have the concerns mentioned earlier regarding warranty on the head unit as it can be an expensive piece. My first thought was to keep the car somewhat stock by using the C6 nav unit but it appears to be more trouble then it`s worth, vin encoded head unit, wiring harness, GPS requirements, etc. That leaves an aftermarket unit with so many to choose from, any thoughts here?

Wow...lots of good info to say the least. I also cruise the various Corvette related forums and bought my iPod adaptor from DD. I have the concerns mentioned earlier regarding warranty on the head unit as it can be an expensive piece. My first thought was to keep the car somewhat stock by using the C6 nav unit but it appears to be more trouble then it`s worth, vin encoded head unit, wiring harness, GPS requirements, etc. That leaves an aftermarket unit with so many to choose from, any thoughts here?

Hands down the Pioneer if you want NAV. JVC and Alpine as well are great units. The Kenwood boasts Garmin gps but it is slow and not very user friendly. I've sold and used them ALL first hand. By far the Pioneer is the best IMO. The only thing that kinda sucks with it is the sirius interface. The information displayed on the screen is week compared to say the Apine for example. If you're using XM then that's a different story. Way better interface. Very minor setback but i always let my customers know about it.

Here is what the Dash / Console modification looks like.

doubleDin.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.