xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Hi.

I can't remember where I've seen them, but I want to know if anyone has used these in their C6 coupe. Essentially, it's a device that keeps your hatch open (just slightly) for better airflow in the cockpit while driving with the roof off.

Has anyone tried these? Do they work well?

I guess the airflow just goes out the hatch instead of swirling around in the cockpit. Seems good in theory, but thought I'd ask my esteemed forum members if they're using these things.

Let me know what you think! They seem pretty handy.:coolgleam:

I used them on my previous C5 and now on my C6. While there is still wind blowing around in the cabin, with the vents it's not directly in the ears like without. I only really use them when I want the roof off but will be doing a lot of highway driving. On regular city streets I don't feel the need for them.

I know Brad (badlyworn) uses one on his C4. I spoke with another C4 owner at a show last year who used one and liked it.

I would still worry re exhaust fumes coming back into the cabin.

To my way of thinking....with top off and side windows up......there is going to
be air coming back into the cabin via the opening in the hatch.
With top off and windows down.....you don't need the hatch open.

As I said......just my thinking. However several on this forum have doubts about
my thinking anyway !! [g].

Tony,
welland

I would still worry re exhaust fumes coming back into the cabin.

To my way of thinking....with top off and side windows up......there is going to
be air coming back into the cabin via the opening in the hatch.
With top off and windows down.....you don't need the hatch open.

As I said......just my thinking. However several on this forum have doubts about
my thinking anyway !! [g].

Tony,
welland

Agreed Tony. Proper drafting would be very important but it sounds like if it's done properly, there's limited chance of sucking in exhaust fumes.

Quite noticeable tho if any gets into the car.

C.

Between my previous C5 and current C6, I've been using the vents for 5 years now and have never noticed any exhaust fumes entering the cabin when in use.

I only picture this device for hiway driving--where it gets windy for hours at a time, but you just can't resist keeping the top-off.

Polar Jet--on a scale of 1-10, how much would the device cut down on cabin-wind buffeting driving at hiway speeds?

I'm not worried about fumes, but the efficiacy of the device.

Thanks!

VA.
[mob][/mob]

I only picture this device for hiway driving--where it gets windy for hours at a time, but you just can't resist keeping the top-off.

Polar Jet--on a scale of 1-10, how much would the device cut down on cabin-wind buffeting driving at hiway speeds?

I'm not worried about fumes, but the efficiacy of the device.

Thanks!

VA.
[mob][/mob]

It's not the be all and end all of devices, so don't expect miracles from it. I would say it cuts down the buffeting about 3/10. But that 3/10 is enough for me since I have sensitive ears and it helps keeps the air away from them - when winds are relatively calm outside. If it is windy out there, the hatch vents are less effective.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.