There are 2.5"-3" adaptor like this that you can weld on or attach with band clamps similar to the OEM clamps between the axle pipe and mid pipe, but the problem will be space, as the axle pipes are the exact length needed to go between the mufflers and the mid pipe. If you're having a muffler shop install it anyhow, they should probably just be able to cut off the appropriate amount from the axle pipes then weld or clamp on a 2.5"-3" adaptor.

There are 2.5"-3" adaptor like this that you can weld on or attach with band clamps similar to the OEM clamps between the axle pipe and mid pipe, but the problem will be space, as the axle pipes are the exact length needed to go between the mufflers and the mid pipe. If you're having a muffler shop install it anyhow, they should probably just be able to cut off the appropriate amount from the axle pipes then weld or clamp on a 2.5"-3" adaptor.
Thks

Should not have an effect as you are past any sensors in the exhaust portion of the system. I swapped out my OEM exhaust on my 2005 with a later NPP Z-06 system that had the adapter welded on. It was as esy as drop the old and install the new. No other changes needed. I did have to put in the Mild-to-Wild lines and controls but no computer mods needed.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Should not have an effect as you are past any sensors in the exhaust portion of the system. I swapped out my OEM exhaust on my 2005 with a later NPP Z-06 system that had the adapter welded on. It was as esy as drop the old and install the new. No other changes needed. I did have to put in the Mild-to-Wild lines and controls but no computer mods needed.
Thanks so much

The only exhaust mods I know of that affect tuning are headers, and the engine will still run fine, just needs a tune to get the power increase. The only thing that should throw a code is if the cats weren't working efficiently or if the 02 sensors were messed up or unplugged.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.