In most cases it isn't the hub wobbling on the crank but the outer inertia ring wobbling due to the urethane or whatever it is that they use between the two giving up the ghost. This never seemed to be a problem in the old days and my old 427 saw 7200 rpm a couple of times and 6500 more than I would want to count. It's when you add the extra load of a belt driven blower that you really need to pin the balancer to the crank, not that it isn't a good idea anyway.

right keith. i don't see why chevy doesn't use a keyed crank snout on these motors and instead relies on a press fit. just like gen 1 cylinder heads, pressed in rocker studs are ok on a stock/mild engine but increased performance demands the screw in's. :confused: on a gen 1 engine a true supercharger crank snout has 2 crank keys.

My buddy in Edmonton had valve noise 1 month before his 5 year was up... on his 2008 Z06 ...fixed at Ron Hodgson under warranty.

it can be a problem.... sucks... we spend big bux for cars.... they should be trouble free for 10-12 years.

Brian

My buddy in Edmonton had valve noise 1 month before his 5 year was up... on his 2008 Z06 ...fixed at Ron Hodgson under warranty.

it can be a problem.... sucks... we spend big bux for cars.... they should be trouble free for 10-12 years.

Brian

Brian -- did he have any mods? Wondering if the dealer was mod-friendly.

Colin.

My experience with Hodgson few years back is that they were mod friendly back then. They back a lot of the local racing in the edmonton area also. Are they a Chev/vette dealer? I haven't stayed up to date on that though.

My experience with Hodgson few years back is that they were mod friendly back then. They back a lot of the local racing in the edmonton area also. Are they a Chev/vette dealer? I haven't stayed up to date on that though.

With some DNA on the racetrack, it's no wonder they are/were mod friendly. Such dealers are few and far between these days.

The dealer I went to recently says GM is checking their records and ECM records of customer's cars to see who's done anything.

Funny how GM can make such a mod hungry, race inspired car and not be compatible with at least some mods.

Some dealers are so paranoid about mods they allow absolutely nothing.

I can imagine someone with a ticking Z06 with a few mods and being denied warranty due to the mods.

I'm glad I don't have any mods, should I need warranty work.

C.

Brian -- did he have any mods? Wondering if the dealer was mod-friendly.

Colin.

No, it was stock..... but when the warranty was done he did get a lumpy cam installed. It saved him some coin as he paid for cam labour, head labour was covered.

The car had about 65,000 km..... this guy loves to drive his car...... and has been the only one that has driven my car ( not saying how fast ) haha.

Ron H is a mod friendly dealer....

Don W might be ( well, I know the vette mechanics, is for me! )

Sherwood P Chev... iffy... not sure.

Brian

No, it was stock..... but when the warranty was done he did get a lumpy cam installed. It saved him some coin as he paid for cam labour, head labour was covered.

The car had about 65,000 km..... this guy loves to drive his car...... and has been the only one that has driven my car ( not saying how fast ) haha.

Brian

Wow, Huge kudos to Hodgson Chev. Wish we had a dealer around here who understood. I know the dealer I bought from was totally scared of any mods at all.

C.

I think the real problem is that most dealers are not going to stick their necks out at all regarding mods and risk having the GM rep turn down paying for warranty work. Some dealers take their chances to help their customers a little and get the good repeat business because they do go out of their way.

Brian

Sherwood Park Chev used to be Nicholson and I wouldn't buy a wheel barrow from them. My Grandfather's motorhome tossed an engine after they charged him to replace the harmonic balancer and the crankhsaft pulley.. well... when my uncle had the motorhome inspected for him 2 years prior, they marked all the engine parts. Guess what they pulled off the blown engine?

Then... during my recent car buying experience, I walked in there to look at a CTS-V they had advertised for the last few months locally and online... that's when the shady tactics started...

"Well sir... you just missed that one... it went to a "Happy" customer just a few days ago. But we have these other models!

Excuse me, but why are all these other models far more expensive?

"No answer"

Then I looked at them and they were ALL US auction cars that they imported.

So I asked them, why would I buy a US import car from YOU when if that's what I wanted to do I would have gone down there myself?

Then they asked me for a deposit, to hold "the idea" of a car and that they would look for the right car for me and buy it.

I asked... "isn't that what an import broker would do?"

No answer... I left.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread