Oct 8, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Corvette Coupe
Province
BC
I'm thinking of upgrading to bigger wheels. 2004 C5 was wondering if anyone has gone to square setup or 18/19 to accommodate easier to find tires, fill the fenders more and possibly a bigger brake kit (like wilwood 6 piston). Also, considering headers cam in the future, which is why I'd go to bigger brakes.

Went with CCW SP 16A wheels designed for a big brake upgrade. 19" front and rear with Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires. Beautiful wheels IMHO!.

IMG_5910 3.JPG

The first thing I did with my C5 was the skip shift eliminator, the idiot light still comes on but now I don't have to miss 2nd and 3rd rolling up through the gears.
Ya, I did that with my Camaros also. Plus changed the shifter to a ...er ... um... 5.0

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
Can you not lower a C5 to remove the gap?
Murray I have thought about lowering the car but my reality is the private road to the highway would not be kind to a lowered car of any description. Rather be sitting up a bit than dragging all the way up the hill.

Went with CCW SP 16A wheels designed for a big brake upgrade. 19" front and rear with Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires. Beautiful wheels IMHO!.

View attachment 115139
nice wheels.
Can you not lower a C5 to remove the gap?
the roads where I live and driveway will not be kind to a lowered car. Sadly unless I commit to some airbags or something adjustable in car. Maybe a C8 with the adjustable ride height is in my future lol!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread