ron fish

2 You're 10
Jan 21, 2012
Whitby
VetteCoins
Car
2002 coupe
hi folks. I have been thinking of moving up to a 2006 C6. I am undecided as yet to make the switch as I love my C5. I am wondering what my car is worth either on a trade-in or private sale. Here are the details.
2002 coupe
Polished rims with new michelin runflats
Torch red with red leather int.
Auto
Minor mods incl. vararam CAI; Magnaflow cat back;
Car is mint with service records from day one
Car is from US (California); entered Canada approx 2 years ago;
Clean carfax, no accidents reported.
High clicks (167k); but beautiful car.
Any ideas what the car is worth either private or trade in value.
Thanks

167 km is not outragous The C5s have to move down..to a level, then dictated by condition I just bought a C5 Roadster under 20g I expect it to stay at 15-18 range for next 5 years...

I would have to agree. I think the C5's have leveled off for a while in the mid to high teens for older coupes and newer ones getting a few thousand more. Put out some feelers and see if there are any takers.

If a car has been well taken care of and most of the driving was highway, I wouldn't be worried about buying it. It scares others, as everything to be repaired on these newer Corvettes appears to be EXPENSIVE. I would think that $15-$18K would get it sold pretty quickly. I don't think there are a lot of people out there with a pile of money to spend on a toy. I've talked to quite a few guys with cars for sale and not getting a single call. The guy we bought our '05 from this spring didn't get a single call except from us and it had just over 13K miles on it. There were several similar cars, with much higher mileage, priced quite a bit higher. I would imagine they are still waiting for the call. Look on Kijiji for your year and you can quickly see what people are asking.

Last edited:
As others have said. the $15 to $18k range is probably the kill range.
The problem is with other C5's with low mileage. Lots of competition out there.
Right now we are nearing the end of the higher price selling period.
People start waiting for the fall and end of driving season to try and pick up a deal, before winter storage.
If your really serious put it up for sale ASAP. Don't wait.

Good luck with the sale.

:canada:

Thanks to everyone for their very helpful comments. I think the $15 - $18k range seems to be the concensus out there. Maybe I will list it for $16,900 and take a very close offer. The car is in great shape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread