Casual User
Mar 5, 2019
St. George
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2000
Province
ON
My blinkers have been failing intermittently. Seems like they work for the first couple of minutes of operation each trip. Then they stop working. Sometimes if I’m driving for a while they work again, but then go out a short time later. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys,
G.W.

My blinkers have been failing intermittently. Seems like they work for the first couple of minutes of operation each trip. Then they stop working. Sometimes if I’m driving for a while they work again, but then go out a short time later. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys,
G.W.

Sounds like the flasher relay to me. If I remember correctly it's s bit of a beotch to change if it's located with the hazard light switch behind the dash. I've heard some have had some luck changing it by removing the radio and reaching up to dislodge the relay from it's tabs. Otherwise it's a dash removal job. Recommend finding out where the flasher relay is on your particular car and going from there. JMO of course that that may be the problem. Good Luck. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks guys,
G.W.
Yup, I think it could be the flasher relay as well. There are YouTube videos on how to get at it. Not a fun job. Why they would put the flasher there is a mystery.

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I’m going to need to set a couple hours aside.
Cheers.
Remove the button cover and with a small drill make a hole the size of the straw that comes with electrical contact cleaner on the upper black portion of the switch. spray contact cleaner, work switch several times, give it another spray and work the switch again. Its the contacts that get dirty inside. I did this and it's worked perfectly ever since.
The GM switch is obsolete only aftermarket so I fixed mine.

Remove the button cover and with a small drill make a hole the size of the straw that comes with electrical contact cleaner on the upper black portion of the switch. spray contact cleaner, work switch several times, give it another spray and work the switch again. Its the contacts that get dirty inside. I did this and it's worked perfectly ever since.
The GM switch is obsolete only aftermarket so I fixed mine.
Got nothing to lose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200806-154210_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806-154210_Samsung Internet.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.