Details

C5 headers
Hi guys, my son who has a 2002 C5 is getting crazy quotes like $5000 for headers and midpipe installed and tuned.

If anyone has a used set for a kid on a budget please let me know.

Thanks

Peter
You don't want to cheap out on headers, but you can install them without a tune. A tune by a pro will always net you something but will also cost fuel mileage etc. depending. I had Cooks headers installed and they held up without much rust through 10+ winters and they were a tuned header. You might not want to drive in the winter, but I had cheap headers that lasted barely more than a year or 2. They weren't tuned headers and gave little advantage. The shorties that come on the C5 are decent as they are.

This is pretty much all about sound Murray. His brother put ARE long tubes on his C6 and it sounds like a friggin nascar.
Besides it's cool when you open the hood! ;)
I don't know how much room there is under the hood of a C5, but if he's good with his hands he could install them himself. It's a fun project for the winter.

My other son is an apprentice at Audi so he can definitely do the install. He's doing a cam swap right now on his C6.
That's cool! Is he doing heads too? I don't know how locked a C6 is or how worth it it would be, but the heads and cam package I did on my LS1 was an amazing relatively inexpensive bang for the buck mod that netted me about 150 crank HP.