Mar 7, 2010
Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Convertible
Hi: I'm the proud new owner of my first Vette, a 2004 convertible. Here in BC, we must run a front plate, but I would like to have it in a proper frame. All the standard size frames are too big to fit in the indentation in the front bumper, although one frame fit the rear alright. (As well, our plates are so big that I'll have to trim it down to fit.) Does anyone know where I can get a frame that fits, even if it says Corvette or something else proper on it? All suggestions will be followed up. Thanks in advance.

HEY! I too am forced to show my plate on the front living in BC. HOWEVER, you need not have it mounted on the front of the vette. Having been pulled over (countless times) for refusing to diminish the look on my past car, i was finally told i could get away with sliding it on the passenger side of my windshield. Youre OK as long as its "visible" in the front. since doing so i have not been pulled over :)

HEY! I too am forced to show my plate on the front living in BC. HOWEVER, you need not have it mounted on the front of the vette. Having been pulled over (countless times) for refusing to diminish the look on my past car, i was finally told i could get away with sliding it on the passenger side of my windshield. Youre OK as long as its "visible" in the front. since doing so i have not been pulled over :)

Do you do this with the C5?

Thanks for your input. I tried this once with my other fun car, a home built Shelby Cobra, but got pulled over and had the riot act read to me by a very young cop who quoted the law, chapter and verse. It seems that "the front plate must be properly and securely affixed to the front of all those cars and trucks registered in BC." Guess I'll have to make this work myself.

I'm so glad Saskatchewan finally got rid of the front plates. What a pain in the butt to deal with. I would have a lot of tickets by now, or probably do the same thing as you guys where I would paint a clear cover leaving only the plate visible.

Problem solved! Taking a closer look at the front bumper, still trying to decide how to mount the big plate in a small space, I discovered a long, narrow slit inside, at the top of the mounting spot; it was wide enough to slip both the narrow frame and the plate into it, thereby giving me enough room to attach both the frame and the plate to the car using the two original screw holes. QED. Brilliant designers after all. Guess I'm on the first road to discovering the secrets of my first vette. Next problem? Next question? You'll read about them in this space. Many thanks for all your input.

Problem solved! Taking a closer look at the front bumper, still trying to decide how to mount the big plate in a small space, I discovered a long, narrow slit inside, at the top of the mounting spot; it was wide enough to slip both the narrow frame and the plate into it, thereby giving me enough room to attach both the frame and the plate to the car using the two original screw holes. QED. Brilliant designers after all. Guess I'm on the first road to discovering the secrets of my first vette. Next problem? Next question? You'll read about them in this space. Many thanks for all your input.

Any pics of how it looks mounted like this? I have mine in the front window now but am worried about getting pulled over,really don't want to run my plates without a cover!

C% Front Plate

First, I do not have a cover for the plate, just a frame, which is a very thin, very narrow chrome one. Holding the plate and the frame close together, I managed to slip the pair of them up and into the narrow slit at the top of the recess in the front bumper. Methinks, had I tried to fix a clear cover to the outside of the plate, the thickness of the trio would have made it impossible to get them up-and-into the very narrow opening.

I'd send you a photo if I thought you'd see anything worthwhile, but you wouldn't.

Hi: I'm the proud new owner of my first Vette, a 2004 convertible. Here in BC, we must run a front plate, but I would like to have it in a proper frame. All the standard size frames are too big to fit in the indentation in the front bumper, although one frame fit the rear alright. (As well, our plates are so big that I'll have to trim it down to fit.) Does anyone know where I can get a frame that fits, even if it says Corvette or something else proper on it? All suggestions will be followed up. Thanks in advance.

I also live in B.C. and I haven't had a problem with that issue displaying mine in the window too... I think the concept drive it like you own it not like you stole it applies here.. If you have it in the front window you should be fine and besides warnings are a dime a dozen and if they want to give you a warning you can mount it for the inspection and remove it again I mean Van is a big place and you prolly wont run into the same cop twice...

Thats just my .02

Some people make their own custom brackets to more or less mold with the lines of the front. I'm happy that NB offers a seasonal plate which legally allows only needing the back plate, with a small 1" x1" sticker on the bottom part of the front windshield. Works for me and doesn't take away from the cars lines :D

I just installed my front bumper cover this w/e. I bought it on Ebay, it's aftermarket made of fiberglass instead of plastic... It does the job and cost 80$ shipped to Canada vs 180$ from GM. I can post pictures if someone is interested...

I have no plate on the front, I have been pulled over once and he let me off... He was also a vette owner...:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.