I am also getting my C5 top replaced, I went on the US forum and the overwhelming response was to but a Robbins. I live in Burlington and will be looking for an installer. I have ordered the top and will be taking it home from Florida

I am also getting my C5 top replaced, I went on the US forum and the overwhelming response was to but a Robbins. I live in Burlington and will be looking for an installer. I have ordered the top and will be taking it home from Florida
59 Wish
I called HAARTZ where the Twillfast is made they gave me a phone number where the tops are manufactured they gave me the phone number for who supplies they’re finished tops to suppliers. The suppliers of corse sell them to installers.

Finished original HAARTZ Twillfast (OEM) suppliers

1. Miami Corporation
1-800-543-0448

2. EZ-ON
864-348-7772
I did not call the suppliers

Hi JSH
im not sure about the price of a new top. I haven’t looked into buying a top yet.
I’ve been using a Canadian glue called Rhino Glue to glue&re-attach the back window. With the help of glazers suction cups I learned on a posting on Corvette Forum USA. I got 3 years out of the first repair and 2 years out of the second so far and there’s a couple of spots where the back window is loosening.
I decided to call HAARTZ Fabric manufacture to get the finished top manufacturer‘s phone number to get the actual glue they use in the manufacturing process to attatch the back window. The manufacturing process uses a heat press on the glued back window then it’s moved to a damp moisture cure room 24 hours. The manufacture gave me Loctite Wenkles phone number. After talking to Loctite’s Wenkle division they gave me product numbers 4070 and 4090, the engineer I talked to at Wenkel recommended the 4070. They’re both 2 component glue sold with a supply/mix dispenser that applies it with pinpoint precision & It’s sold at Grainger Hardware and other big name suppliers. Loctite Wenkel recommended buying it at a big name vendor because there are a lotta knock off bootleg products out there. Loctite has a video applicating this glue to a custom fabricated train car coupler glued together with this glue and an hour later the locomotive pulls 4 or 5 train cars for a couple blocks and the coupler stays together.
Like I said in the first thread the cars top is a 2002 original top still in excellent condition except for the back windows 2, 6 hour repairs. The time is in masking the fabric and window within a hair of the glue surface. Then the tape has to be removed before it glues itself to the fabric. There is not a pinhead of glue visible. Next week I’m going to re-glue the few millimeters breaking loose and wait a couple days then use RAG TOP brand cleaner let it dry and next day I’ll mask the window and drape the plastic on the body and spray the waterproofer on the outside fabric and Inside liner. It drys in seconds. LIt should be good for another year or so and just need a clean&seal next year.
Anyway 40 years of Union painting, spraying and installing a little bit of custom wall coverings it takes time hey to get it right! It’s worth it. It’s a Corvette!
LOL Thats why I didn’t price a new top yet brother.
MULE

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi all, was wondering if anyone would know of a place to purchase and that also installs tops for C5 corvetts.I live in St Catharine's, so any help would be appreciated.
hellow jsh, new member here,gary good pricing. hope this helps. and saw your request. i have a 94 ragtop and have used apple auto glass located on speers road in oakville. situated on the north side of speers road between third and fourth line. i used to them to repair a canvas cover for my seedoo speedster boat with excellent results. while there i asked about top replacement for my 94, and they had no problem with this. nice people to deal with, hope this helps.gary

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.