Hi all, was wondering if anyone would know of a place to purchase and that also installs tops for C5 corvetts.I live in St Catharine's, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi JHS I’m a new member from Illinois. I drive a 02 C5 vert. Look up HARRTZ. They manufacture 90 percent of convertible tops. Corvettes have Twillfast material I’m pretty sure. I still have my original top with 133K. I’ve re-glued my back window in twice. There’s an excellent thread I learned how to on CorvetteForum USA.
Don’t know if ya know? I took my top in for a drivers window leak and the shop owner gave me all this info the first year I bought my C5.
RAG TOP is cleaner sealer product. The cleaner is shampooed into the top & after it dries a clear aerosol spray can of sealer that you spray on absolutely water proofs the top for about a year depending on rain, UV etc. available on line!
To seal the top I use a 30 ft piece of .007 or .005 mil. visqueen from a 25$ 400ft X 12ft it’ll last a while LOL roll and cover the entire car mask the rear window
iOS Image - 3624295608.jpg
iOS Image - 1523428685.jpg

iOS Image - 2203035932.jpg

Hi all, was wondering if anyone would know of a place to purchase and that also installs tops for C5 corvetts.I live in St Catharine's, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi JHS I’m a new member from Illinois. I drive a 02 C5 vert. Look up HARRTZ. They manufacture 90 percent of convertible tops. Corvettes have Twillfast material I’m pretty sure. I still have my original top with 133K. I’ve re-glued my back window in twice. There’s an excellent thread I learned how to on CorvetteForum USA.
Don’t know if ya know? I took my top in for a drivers window leak and the shop owner gave me all this info the first year I bought my C5.
RAG TOP is cleaner sealer product. The cleaner is shampooed into the top & after it dries a clear aerosol spray can of sealer that you spray on absolutely water proofs the top for about a year depending on rain, UV etc. available on line!
To seal the top I use a 30 ft piece of .007 or .005 mil. visqueen from a 25$ 400ft X 12ft it’ll last a while LOL roll and cover the entire car mask the rear window
View attachment 32909View attachment 32910

View attachment 32911
Wanted to include one more picture
iOS Image - 330070899.jpg

JSH
Hi silver fox i dont know of any dyes or fabric paints To restore color to TWILLFAST RPC. HAARTZ Corporation is located in Acton, Massachusetts and they supply most carmakers with the fabrics for convertibles. if you Go to HAARTZ website and type in Corvette in the search bar it will take you to their 4 materials they supply. TwillfastRPC is used on Camaro, Corvette, Fiat, and Mustang. I dont know if HAARTZ sells to the public.
Their phone number is 1 978 264 2600

Call HAARTZ and ask if they recommend a re-coloring product for their TWILLFAST fabric used on Corvette. HAARTZ might know an installer in your area. They have 7 worldwide locations none in Canada.
When i have to replace my top i will call them and ask for one of their retailers for a genuine HAARTZ made TWILLFAST top if they dont sell direct. Why? there are hundreds of knock off’s from company‘s that use the same TWILLFAST name and similar names.

When i was going to replace my top because my window was falling out i found a thread on CorvetteForum USA and have re-glued it twice the first repair lasting 3 years. The 2nd going on 2. If anyone needs that thread I’ll forward it.
There is a post on Corvette Forum USA replacing a C5 convertible top in they're garage. Check UTube for replacing a C5 convertible top.

Because I have used RagTop cleaner first scrubbing the cleaner into the fabric then rinse & let dry. Mask the window on both sides. Spray sealer inside & outside the top. The result? keeping the top dry. (Wet to the surface only) I’ve used it since my 02 C5 vert had 4K in late 2006 when I bought it. I see no signs of UV fading or damage. Use this product on your new top and it should last for years.
Hopfuly I haven’t confused ya’ s. LOL. Mule

Last edited:
Thanks Mule for the helpful information, like I said previously top has no rips and is over all in good shape, just those faded areas where the folds are when putting it down and up over the years. If I could find a product that would darken them up a bit, all would be good, but because the canvas has the waterproofing on it , it would have to be stripped for the dye to get into the material. If you get any info on this I would greatly appreciate it.....JSH

I am also getting my C5 top replaced, I went on the US forum and the overwhelming response was to but a Robbins. I live in Burlington and will be looking for an installer. I have ordered the top and will be taking it home from Florida

I am also getting my C5 top replaced, I went on the US forum and the overwhelming response was to but a Robbins. I live in Burlington and will be looking for an installer. I have ordered the top and will be taking it home from Florida

59 wish
How ya doin?
I called HAARTZ for information on adhesive used for reinstalling failing C5 back windows.
I was able to get phone numbers & info for every process from the HAARTZ material, to manufacturers and the HAARTZ finished product.
I’m sure Burlington has upholstery installers with reviews and contacts info for customers that are using their verts with good results.
I’ve used C&S Corvette in Sarasota Florida that you can find on line. Lyle is an excellent mechanic and installed my seat covers a couple years ago and if they can do it they’ll tell you. They have an excellent track record dozens of DIY videos on iTube and I will be taking my C5 there when I do wheel hub bearings.
My Point?
There has t be a shop in or near Burlington with a bullet proof reputation, history and contact information from car collector car restorers customers who’ll get ya the leakproof job ya need.
Mule

59 wish
How ya doin?
I called HAARTZ for information on adhesive used for reinstalling failing C5 back windows.
I was able to get phone numbers & info for every process from the HAARTZ material, to manufacturers and the HAARTZ finished product.
I’m sure Burlington has upholstery installers with reviews and contacts info for customers that are using their verts with good results.
I’ve used C&S Corvette in Sarasota Florida that you can find on line. Lyle is an excellent mechanic and installed my seat covers a couple years ago and if they can do it they’ll tell you. They have an excellent track record dozens of DIY videos on iTube and I will be taking my C5 there when I do wheel hub bearings.
My Point?
There has t be a shop in or near Burlington with a bullet proof reputation, history and contact information from car collector car restorers customers who’ll get ya the leakproof job ya need.
Mule
Thanks once it gets done I’ll share on here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.