Jul 25, 2012
Fraser Valley B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Convertible
Have bled many non ABS systems with no problems ever. Wife pumped the pedal and I opened the bleeder screws. Always started from furthest to nearest the master cyl. Don't have my service manuals yet so checked all sources on line. Didn't realize there were two bleeders on each caliper. Some recommend one side of caliper has to be bled before the other side screw. then some sites say 2002 have to bled front wheels first etc. etc. Then so many have problems getting their ABS fouled up they have to go to the dealer to have it pressure bled again.Is there any real difference with the way I used to do it on all the other non ABS systems? When I was working, our mechanics used to gravity bleed all four wheels at once on our cars and we never had any problems.Also I read to never ever have the helper pump more than once and then hold it to the floor, otherwise it might damage the double piston system. Could someone tell me the real way a C5 especially a 2002 should be properly bled? Sould I reall get a power booster to gat all the air out properly ?
Al...

Last edited:
Have bled many non ABS systems with no problems ever. Wife pumped the pedal and I opened the bleeder screws. Always started from furthest to nearest the master cyl. Don't have my service manuals yet so checked all sources on line. Didn't realize there were two bleeders on each caliper. Some recommend one side of caliper has to be bled before the other side screw. then some sites say 2002 have to bled front wheels first etc. etc. Then so many have problems getting their ABS fouled up they have to go to the dealer to have it pressure bled again.Is there any real difference with the way I used to do it on all the other non ABS systems? When I was working, our mechanics used to gravity bleed all four wheels at once on our cars and we never had any problems.Also I read to never ever have the helper pump more than once and then hold it to the floor, otherwise it might damage the double piston system. Could someone tell me the real way a C5 especially a 2002 should be properly bled? Sould I reall get a power booster to gat all the air out properly ?
Al...

Al, its the same as you first wrote , only the C6 Z06 / ZR1 & the Grand Sports come with Brembo style calipers with inside and outside bleeders

So bleed your C5 brakes as you would a regular car .