May 19, 2010
Woodstock, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2000 C5
Hello. Im looking to get a little more performance out of my corvette. I have a 2000 targa top corvette. Automatic with a billy boat exhaust. Just wondering what seems to be the best bolt of performance adders. I currently just have a billy boat exhaust. Not looking to spend a ton of money. Any advice would be great.

All the above suggestions are valid, but you need to let us know what's your budget?

I would start with a Vararam. Basically work your way towards the engine from both ends. Once that is done, if fortune hits you in the future, you're all set for engine work.

As mentioned...you need to mod around your budget. If you have a dollar amount in your head that you would like to stay around then some of the mods mentioned or maybe even a cam swap may be in the near future for you!

The mounting of a blower that size could have only started with one thing, beer. The first sentence spoken after seeing the blower would probably have been, I bet you couldn't....

That mini engine is awesome. Just thinking of all the useless applications for it makes me drool.

Thanks for the replies. I was definitely thinking a cold air intake and programmer. Im just not sure which ones seem to work the best on the corvettes. I was also reading some stuff online and people were saying to put a 180 degree thermostat in it when doing some of these mods. My budget would probably be around a $1000 for now.

:agree: Do not use a hand programer (aka Diablo Predator) instead get a good tune by someone who is capable at maximizing the
performace of your car with the new parts (intake, stat, exhaust etc).
I had a hand held tuner some time ago and they are very basic for adjusting the fans, basic timing, error codes etc. but are nothing
like a good dyno tune.
You should call Manny @ ECP a supporting member here and he will forward you to the John who does many of the tunes on the cars here.

As for the stat you can go with a 160deg Hypertech unit as they are cheap and will help a bit in the hotter weather with the
adjustment of the 1st and 2nd fans kickin temperature settings. As Tony said go for a good intake (Callaway or Vararam), 160deg stat
and a good tune and you will be very happy for now and should cost you around $1000.

Thanks for the replies. I was definitely thinking a cold air intake and programmer. Im just not sure which ones seem to work the best on the corvettes. I was also reading some stuff online and people were saying to put a 180 degree thermostat in it when doing some of these mods. My budget would probably be around a $1000 for now.

Hi Danny, here is what I can do for you .

1.Vararam & Power Duct
2.160 deg stat
3.Tune

Total $ 950.00

Thx
[email protected]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.