Votes: 83 58.5%
  • 5.7 L (350 cu in) LT1 (1992-1996)

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • 5.7 L (350 cu in) LT5 (1990-1995)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • 5.7 L (350 cu in) LT4 (1996)

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
1992 White on Aqua convertible LT1 automatic with FX3.
Love it like crazy!
R
iOS Image - 291230359.jpg

Reactions: vintageracer
Mine is a 1985 C4. Jet Black with grey interior. 4 plu 3 Doug Nash. L98. 2002 wheels and new General Tires. Just took a nice cruise through Litchfield Hills with wife. Had to bundle up. Had top off. I'm 65 and retired from Security. Actually looking for a full-time teaching job. My C4 runs like new after sorting it out for the past 2 years. When I got it all bushings underneath were replaced and new Magnaflow mufflers installed. It needed a radiator, several coolant flushes, tune up, shifter, E Brake light switch, U joints on 1/2 shaft, valve covers and Felpros. This car gets a lot of looks and I feel I'm driving a $100,000 car.

Attachments

• IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 28
Really nice ride! Love those wheels, had them on my '93, thinking about getting some for the '86. I just flushed out my rad and put new anti-freeze, but also added a bottle of Royal Purple coolant additive that really works. Knocks down the temp by about 20 degrees.

Reactions: ddgermann
Any troubles with your 4+3? I avoided buying a Vette with one, as I read about all the horror stories of overdrive failures and badly leaking seals, expensive teardowns and repairs. I saw a Vette in quite good shape, but steered clear after learning the car was disabled with a trashed DN transmission, hence the low price. Due to the massive problems with this gearbox, GM hastily cut a deal with the German company ZF Friedrichshafen AG , who manufactured the 6 speed, quite an impressive and reliable transmission.

love the 6spd too.

the 4+3 is great if you service it! mine worked when i boughy it and i drive it hard. i changed the fluid twice on it as it was like peas soup when i got it.

its just a super t10 and as long as you clutch the OD engagement it will last forever.

its like most things.

Reactions: ddgermann
Really nice ride! Love those wheels, had them on my '93, thinking about getting some for the '86. I just flushed out my rad and put new anti-freeze, but also added a bottle of Royal Purple coolant additive that really works. Knocks down the temp by about 20 degrees.
Very classy silver "86 you got there. The 86 has quite a bit more HP than the 85 and offers the 6spd. A nice upgrade.

Thanks for your reply. I have always been trying to find way to have my car run cooler. How does that royal purple make the car run so much cooler?
I wonder what it is doing chemically to the coolant to get such a result.
I had to keep flushing my cooling system around 6 or 7 times, when I first got the car, to get all of the rusty water out. I now with Prestone 50/50 and a new stock radiator and cap average about 185 degrees. At 203 degrees the electric fan comes on.
OK Happy Motoring

I wanted to post a note on installing a performance chip on a 1985 L98 Doug Nash 4 + 3.
Hello C4 Enthusiasts,
Lately, I thought I'd install a performance chip. I have used "Hypertech" chips in Porsches in the past and they made a big difference. I ordered a chip from Eckler's Corvette , whom I usually have good luck with, but this time the hypertech chip did not work as far as my mechanical abilities are concerned. I couldn't even experience the difference in the torque curve or any of the other so-called exciting factors of a performance chip because the flippin' hypertech chip part # 155371 does not fit correctly into the ECU. The Hypertech chip has extended plastic teeth on both sides. The original Delco Chip also has them however they are approximately 1/16 of an inch shorter so the metal prongs of the chip extend about 1/16" from the black, plastic teeth.
Eckler's did not send me the wrong part either because I went to the Hypertech website, mentioned year, make, and model and the same Hypertech part number was listed.
Thanks For Your Input,
Sharkface
Eddie

The stock Delco chip has the metal prongs protruding past the plastic teeth. The Hypertech chip has the black plastic teeth even with the metal prongs.

Attachments

• IMG_0978 (1).jpg
    IMG_0978 (1).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 17
Sharkface, just a suggestion. Can you possibly carefully cut back the plastic from the edge of the teeth, thereby exposing the prongs, or will this cause another problem?
It will run in 1 position only, if the chip is installed backwards, the car will not get proper feedback and not fire.

Had a weak moment and last week stole I mean picked up a 93 coupe, LT1 Black Rose Metalic ,automatic. 1/2 the car for handling, comfort and looks of my 82 but it is what it is. Here's My Rosie :

IM003054.JPG

IM003065.JPG

IM003057.JPG

IM003039.JPG

Black Rose is an awesome color. It's pretty warm here today, I'm going to hop in my black shark and go get some chains for my saw. Hopefully I can diagnose a thump I heard last I drove it. It sounds like a loose shock but everything under the car is new and tight.
As far as the hypertech chip goes, I returned it. I could have made it work if I melted the plastic teeth down 1/6 of an inch. From past experience, these chips don't make that much difference and they are bound to make the car run hotter. which is a problem in the 85 anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: nascar03

Users who are viewing this thread