Casual User
Dec 30, 2018
Sault Ste Marie
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 1986
Province
ON
Have a 1986 Indy convertible that has 60000 miles n having trouble with motor Quiting every now n then. Not fuel or spark. New injectors n wires installed. Anyone come across this. Car starts right back up just a pain driving when it quits. Wud it have to do with security device.
Thanks in advance

I know it's tedious when it comes to electrical stuff, but you're dealing with 35 year old wiring. It could be anything, but start with things near extreme heat, such as wiring and connections on or near the distributor. Check all ground connections, it's a plastic car so grounds are important. I actually added an extra ground strap on the right side of my car. Old connections, brittle wires seem to be a good part of the trouble on older Vettes. The ground block under the battery is a really good place to start.

I know it's tedious when it comes to electrical stuff, but you're dealing with 35 year old wiring. It could be anything, but start with things near extreme heat, such as wiring and connections on or near the distributor. Check all ground connections, it's a plastic car so grounds are important. I actually added an extra ground strap on the right side of my car. Old connections, brittle wires seem to be a good part of the trouble on older Vettes. The ground block under the battery is a really good place to start.
Thanks

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Have a 1986 Indy convertible that has 60000 miles n having trouble with motor Quiting every now n then. Not fuel or spark. New injectors n wires installed. Anyone come across this. Car starts right back up just a pain driving when it quits. Wud it have to do with security device.
Thanks in advance
As one member said electrical is very tedious so I would start by doing things that if they don’t prove to be the problem you would be happy that you serviced them anyway like cleaning all the engine harness grounds, battery/starter/alternator cables or replacing the ignition lock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.