Jun 28, 2009
st jean-sur-richelieu qc.
VetteCoins
Car
1989 c4
Hi everybody, i'd like to know if somebody point me in the right direction. My 89 convertible (don't know if it makes a difference but... just in case) burn my fuse on the turn and back up lights circuit each time i put it in reverse.

Is there a common problem on these cars or a place to look at first.

thanks for help

St

/i had something similar with the factory alarm...everytime it went off, the fuse blew immediatly. I think you have a short circuit in one of the reverse tail-light sockets.

My suggestion would be to remove the 4 tail light bulbs, then put it in reverse, If they fuse does not blow then you know for sure the problem is at 1 of the tail light sockets.

then add the respective bulb to each tail light at the time, and put it in reverse, and check the fuse every time. When you put the bulb the faulty tail light socket and put it in reverse, it will probably blow the fuse immediately.

It sounds 1 tail light assembly (socket) is creating a short circuit.... and it is very likely one of the reverse ones.

/i had something similar with the factory alarm...everytime it went off, the fuse blew immediatly. I think you have a short circuit in one of the reverse tail-light sockets.

My suggestion would be to remove the 4 tail light bulbs, then put it in reverse, If they fuse does not blow then you know for sure the problem is at 1 of the tail light sockets.

then add the respective bulb to each tail light at the time, and put it in reverse, and check the fuse every time. When you put the bulb the faulty tail light socket and put it in reverse, it will probably blow the fuse immediately.

It sounds 1 tail light assembly (socket) is creating a short circuit.... and it is very likely one of the reverse ones.

RIGHT ON only dirt in pigtails

thanks for the tip!