charlesorosz

Casual User
Dec 30, 2019
Montreal, Canada
VetteCoins
Hi guys,

Just finished rebuilding the water pump on my 75’ vette. I went to put the studs back in place (the ones that hold the pulley and fan in place) and was wondering whether or not I should use loctite or some other bolt sealant on them?

Also, the studs need to be screwed into the pump before you can put a nut over the fan assembly. But when I tighten them down all the way, they hit the water pump and the pulley can’t spin. Kind of confused and not sure what to do about that. If anyone has experience installing these, I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks

Attachments

• iOS Image - 873195220.jpg
    iOS Image - 873195220.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 13
No do not lock tight them, you will never be able to remove them if required later. I have only ever used new lock washers on them.

As far as the stud length, the short thread goes into the water pump and they are installed first. I always put double nuts on the long threads and use that to tighten them into the pump via torque specs in the assembly manual.

No do not lock tight them, you will never be able to remove them if required later. I have only ever used new lock washers on them.

As far as the stud length, the short thread goes into the water pump and they are installed first. I always put double nuts on the long threads and use that to tighten them into the pump via torque specs in the assembly manual.

Thanks, really appreciated

I use the blue (removable) loctite on all my firearms for screws, scope mount etc. Have never had anything come loose and have never had a problem removing them after... Not recommending... just saying....

Reactions: charlesorosz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.