if that is a LT 1 350 / 370hp I would not pull it out in favor of a 427 as only 1287 LT1's were put in the 10,668 coupes built as opposed to the 4910 built L46 350/350hp . But you have to check it out what it is first, but if only the L46 yeah the 427 will change the car. Good luck, hope the car is nice shape and you make the deal.

Bit late to the convo....but I would guess this is Marlboro Maroon not Corvette Bronze. Of course this is my opinion from the pics.

I agree with checking #3 body mounts first (in front of rear wheels). I know from experience that this is a trouble spot. There are many other indicators of rust like others have mentioned.

I agree also with not shying away form the car just cause it isn't a big block.

T

Thanks for the reply Taylor, I value your opinion, as I've been watching your 73 restoration progress.Your really knowledgeable when it comes to C3's.The engine size doesn't really factor in for me purchasing the car, as it will be my wife's car & she needs an automatic car.....

@Jr. Corvette and @ttarob here in YYC may have something to say/add to your find here ...
I am one of the fans of chrome front & back ...

@Jr. Corvette ... please consider posting your C3 work in a thread of your own
as I've seen some awesome work of yours via Facebook and I know this CCF crew would enjoy it
tremendously (and you will likely get a lot more reaction here too) :thumbs:

Last edited:
I just noticed there are no egg crates in the front fenders,is it possible to fit 73 fenders on a 70 ? Going to look at this car tomorrow 12/8, and will look for the 3 mounting holes for the egg crates.If I don't see any evidence of the crates being removed should I walkaway?
IMG_4126.JPG
IMG_4120-2.JPG

Tough one Ron. Appears the car has been modded. I assume you have run a Carfax (or a US version) and had the car checked over by a good mechanic so, depending on your tolerance for originality, (and the price), this could be a deal breaker. From here it's still a great looking car. Ahhhhhh.... decisions... :Lurk5:

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks for all your reply’s guys,but I’m moving on from this car.I’m looking for a 68-70 car that’s all original.The seller of this car was asking $10,000 US not running, & claimed it to be all original.Who knows what else I might find in the process of restoring it to running condition,so the search goes on.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
As stated, check the frame and windshield post condition, also if you find a Canadian car, you can have the original option the car was originally build with from GM Canada vintage service, and the price will be all over the place and depends on the quality and engine option you want and what you want to do with it, a top flight NCRS car will be more expensive but a better investment in the long run, but if you want a driver you don’t need to pay these price as you will ending not enjoying the car to keep it original, you have to get your plans first, good luck!

Reactions: Hotrodron
As stated, check the frame and windshield post condition, also if you find a Canadian car, you can have the original option the car was originally build with from GM Canada vintage service, and the price will be all over the place and depends on the quality and engine option you want and what you want to do with it, a top flight NCRS car will be more expensive but a better investment in the long run, but if you want a driver you don’t need to pay these price as you will ending not enjoying the car to keep it original, you have to get your plans first, good luck!

.....the GM vintage service will do you no good for Corvette cause Corvette was never built in Canada.. The 53s were assembled at Flint, Michigan. 54-81 were assembled at St. Louis, Missouri.
81 to the present, Corvettes have been assembled at Bowling Green, Kentucky

• Informative
Reactions: Hotrodron
.....the GM vintage service will do you no good for Corvette cause Corvette was never built in Canada.. The 53s were assembled at Flint, Michigan. 54-81 were assembled at St. Louis, Missouri.
81 to the present, Corvettes have been assembled at Bowling Green, Kentucky
If any GM cars has been sold new in Canada, GM Canada keep the documentation and can dig out and get you an original copy for a fee, do your research at:
Vintage Vehicle Services
Happy new year!

If any GM cars has been sold new in Canada, GM Canada keep the documentation and can dig out and get you an original copy for a fee, do your research at:
Vintage Vehicle Services
Happy new year!
......Thanks 4 the info, I stand corrected. When I tried to get info on my 82 I was told nothing here so I got it from Bowling Green a laminated copy of the build sheet and window sticker, car sold new in Alberta.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.