Jul 13, 2017
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
78 corvette
hello fellow vette lovers my power antenna does not go up but i can hear the motor still working i've tried prying it up many times . last few times it came up it stayed up or went down very little when car turned off until i pushed it down all the way.my question is anyone had this problem before and will i need to buy a whole antenna kit cables and all or just antenna? plus where would be the most inexpensive place to buy here or in u.s.a.. p.s. how difficult is it to replace i heard i have to take off back wheel.thanks kindly

since you can hear motor that means the mast is broken inside the motor but 1978-1979 early you cannot change the mast itself, 1979 late to 1982 you could changed the mast only ( cheaper ), you still have to get the unit off the car to repair it.
in your case you will have to change the whole power antenna motor .
you will have to take the left rear wheel off to be able to get the power antenna motor out......it's not a hard job to do .
to the question where you can buy it , there is a store north of montreal they usualy have it in stock , they ship everywhere in the country next day , they will help you to fix/install via telephone .

good luck

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
since you can hear motor that means the mast is broken inside the motor but 1978-1979 early you cannot change the mast itself, 1979 late to 1982 you could changed the mast only ( cheaper ), you still have to get the unit off the car to repair it.
in your case you will have to change the whole power antenna motor .
you will have to take the left rear wheel off to be able to get the power antenna motor out......it's not a hard job to do .
to the question where you can buy it , there is a store north of montreal they usualy have it in stock , they ship everywhere in the country next day , they will help you to fix/install via telephone .

good luck
thanks for your help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.