Found our car!
Casual User
Sep 5, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1964 Corvette
Province
AB
I’m looking to repair my C2 clock. I know there are quartz conversion kits available, but I prefer to repair my original. Does anyone have a working clock or repair parts for sale?
I prefer to do the repair myself but if anyone knows of a good ‘corvette clock guy’ in Canada, I would appreciate the contact.
Thanks!

Hi Trevor,
Unfortunately, I don't have any first hand knowledge of a good clock guy in Canada. However, here is a link (if you haven't already seen it) to a very informative video explaining the workings, and possible repair of a 67 clock. Not sure what is wrong with yours, usually a good cleaning with electrics contact cleaner and maybe rebuilding a touch of solder on the contact points does the trick. Worked for me. Might be worth a try before converting to Quartz.

I’m looking to repair my C2 clock. I know there are quartz conversion kits available, but I prefer to repair my original. Does anyone have a working clock or repair parts for sale?
I prefer to do the repair myself but if anyone knows of a good ‘corvette clock guy’ in Canada, I would appreciate the contact.
Thanks!
The clock in my 66 did not work for decades. I took it to a local clock shop that works on old mechanical clocks. the technician asked if I had cleaned the mechanicals inside the clock with anything, I said no, he said good. He applied some special clock oil on a few moving parts and the clock has been working for a couple of years now.

That’s great Patrick.
I found a local guy that checked it out and found a loose wire. He re-soldered it and everything is working now. Cheers, Trevor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.