Jan 30, 2017
ingersoll ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2017 corvette 3LT
Hey guys here we go again! There is a GTA dealer that has a 2023 C8 for sale at MSRP and I was contacted from the dealer through a friend and I had a discussion with the salesman about trading my 2022 C8 for the2023 convertible. I was interested at first until I was told that the dealership only sells the C8's with ceramic coating for 4500 and even though it had not been done yet there was no option to purchase the car without it. It gets better I was also in formed that I could pay cash because I own my car outright and that I had to finance at least 50% of the car for one year. Obviously I am not a idiot so I politely declined and I just ordered my same build on my coupe for my 2023 convertible last week from my London dealer without any BS. I guess these poor dealers don't make enough money so they have to screw the consumer. I won't name the dealership on the forum but these clowns should be ashamed but they don't care.

We had the same issue trying to buy a hybrid SUV for my wife in stock at a Woodstock dealership a few months ago. It was on the lot not sold and the white wrap was still on it. I went and spoke to the sales manager and asked if I could leave a deposit at 9:30 am to hold it till my wife could test drive it after work the same day. He said it was not necessary for the deposit that he would hold it. We went to test drive it and she liked it and we decided to buy it and when we went back we told him we will purchase it. The sticker price was 45,000 plus taxes and we told him we will take it and just pay cash and no financing. He then informed us that the purchase price was 10,000 higher with the rust module, paint protection, and other dealer We passed on the deal and I can't wait until these guys get what they deserve. Just had to get this out there

Hey guys here we go again! There is a GTA dealer that has a 2023 C8 for sale at MSRP and I was contacted from the dealer through a friend and I had a discussion with the salesman about trading my 2022 C8 for the2023 convertible. I was interested at first until I was told that the dealership only sells the C8's with ceramic coating for 4500 and even though it had not been done yet there was no option to purchase the car without it. It gets better I was also in formed that I could pay cash because I own my car outright and that I had to finance at least 50% of the car for one year. Obviously I am not a idiot so I politely declined and I just ordered my same build on my coupe for my 2023 convertible last week from my London dealer without any BS. I guess these poor dealers don't make enough money so they have to screw the consumer. I won't name the dealership on the forum but these clowns should be ashamed but they don't care.

We had the same issue trying to buy a hybrid SUV for my wife in stock at a Woodstock dealership a few months ago. It was on the lot not sold and the white wrap was still on it. I went and spoke to the sales manager and asked if I could leave a deposit at 9:30 am to hold it till my wife could test drive it after work the same day. He said it was not necessary for the deposit that he would hold it. We went to test drive it and she liked it and we decided to buy it and when we went back we told him we will purchase it. The sticker price was 45,000 plus taxes and we told him we will take it and just pay cash and no financing. He then informed us that the purchase price was 10,000 higher with the rust module, paint protection, and other dealer We passed on the deal and I can't wait until these guys get what they deserve. Just had to get this out there
wow im

It makes me glad I never had to resort to selling cars. what a sucky way to make a living. Even if you're honest, the dealership will make you crooked

Reactions: wlgj
For years we consumers all crowed and bragged how we beat the dealers up on price and bought cars for $100 over wholesale, never giving a rip about how a local business would survive. Now the tide has turned and payback is a b#%^*. They have a product to sell. You want to buy their product. Market value is the price a willing seller and a willing buyer agree upon. No one is forcing anyone to buy.

Try going into a bar and negotiating what you are paying for your beer. By the way you should check out how much markup there is on that beer. The C8 is a deal in comparison. Never heard anybody say “can’t wait to see Coors get what they deserve.”

Hey 😂😂 yup that’s what they do
When I bought my 21 they sold it to me at msrp

For the car

Even before I got the call my plans were to get the whole front of the car PPF ceramic coating and wheels pretty much as soon as I took delivery

When I got the call from my salesman informing me that my allocation was up I went in and was told that the car would be at msrp but I had to buy 2 ‘ packages ‘ from them

So I went for the ppf /ceramic package and wheels the price was pretty much the same as me getting it elsewhere and I must admit that I was very happy with the result of the work

After the work was completed… some time after I brought the car home I noticed a blip in the ppf I brought it back and they took care of it no problem so I was happy with that

I wanted the allocation so I agreed

Here’s the thing …there were several guys on the list ahead of me that were denied their car because they refused the extra services .

I won’t mention the stealership here but I have mentioned them in prior posts

But I can say it’s in torontos west end

When I first got on the list they were all about keeping their list fair and square at least that what they said but when the rubber meets the road they could care less about the customer all they do is try to find ways to take more and more of your money

There is a special place in hell for these kind of people.

Anyway on another note

I don’t really understand why someone would trade there c8 for one that is one or 2 years newer I guess if your moving from a coupe to convertible but iv had my 21 coupe for a year and a half and would never dream of trading it in
I know the car and it has no quirks at least this far it’s a coupe and I bought the coupe because I wanted to be able to always see the engine
I don’t drive with the top off too often as it would mess up my hair 😂😂😂
But when I do it’s so easy to remove

And I’m sure the stealership would find many ways to rip you off during a trade / purchase transaction

Anyway happy vetting gents

Tony

Reactions: wlgj
Hey guys here we go again! There is a GTA dealer that has a 2023 C8 for sale at MSRP and I was contacted from the dealer through a friend and I had a discussion with the salesman about trading my 2022 C8 for the2023 convertible. I was interested at first until I was told that the dealership only sells the C8's with ceramic coating for 4500 and even though it had not been done yet there was no option to purchase the car without it. It gets better I was also in formed that I could pay cash because I own my car outright and that I had to finance at least 50% of the car for one year. Obviously I am not a idiot so I politely declined and I just ordered my same build on my coupe for my 2023 convertible
I had the same issue in Feb 2022. An opportunity to purchase a 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing manual tranny from a dealer in northeast GTA. It was one of only 37 CT4 BW's sent to Canada and one of only 12 manuals - a very limited overall production. Dealer sold it at MSRP but on condition I buy the ceramic coating at an inflated price and take the bank financing at 5.5%. Considering the rarity of the car I thought it was a reasonable ask. I paid off the loan after 6 months, :) and enjoyed driving a beautiful rare car with 475 HP!

I had the same issue in Feb 2022. An opportunity to purchase a 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing manual tranny from a dealer in northeast GTA. It was one of only 37 CT4 BW's sent to Canada and one of only 12 manuals - a very limited overall production. Dealer sold it at MSRP but on condition I buy the ceramic coating at an inflated price and take the bank financing at 5.5%. Considering the rarity of the car I thought it was a reasonable ask. I paid off the loan after 6 months, :) and enjoyed driving a beautiful rare car with 475 HP!
OMG good deal on the Caddie. I am sure you could sell it for a heck of a lot more than you paid. It must be a gas to drive and probably looks awesome. I have not seen one .

For years we consumers all crowed and bragged how we beat the dealers up on price and bought cars for $100 over wholesale, never giving a rip about how a local business would survive. Now the tide has turned and payback is a b#%^*. They have a product to sell. You want to buy their product. Market value is the price a willing seller and a willing buyer agree upon. No one is forcing anyone to buy.

Try going into a bar and negotiating what you are paying for your beer. By the way you should check out how much markup there is on that beer. The C8 is a deal in comparison. Never heard anybody say “can’t wait to see Coors get what they deserve.”
I paid a fair bit over MSRP for my 2022 HTC. They told me the MSRP and the mark-up. Take it or leave it the salesman said - not quite that direct. I traded in my 2016 C7 stingray convertible - got a very good trade-in for it - so, saved a lot on taxes. Bottom line: I knew the deal, did not want to wait another year or more and have enjoyed my C8 for a year.

what do they deserve? when demand is greater than supply, you'll have salesmen selling you a raincoat instead of a car
My wife needed a new SUV because her old one died. None in stock anywhere. Happened to drop into Honda dealer last week - been there three time before. Just received two 2023 CR-V for stock - test drove and bought. Charged her $1500.00 for paint protection. After market would cost $400.00 because we know the guy that does this for the dealers. She was happy to get a new car - MSRP - no documentation fee. Dealers are doing everything and anything to make money. Hyundai dealer was charging $5,000.00 over MSRP. (Had nothing in stock that she liked)

OMG good deal on the Caddie. I am sure you could sell it for a heck of a lot more than you paid. It must be a gas to drive and probably looks awesome. I have not seen one .

Great car. 3.6 GM V6 but design modified specifically for the CT4 BW. Twin turbos, stronger crank, upgraded bearings, titanium connecting rods, etc, etc. Acceleration is a rush. The Caddie CT5 BW has the Vette C& Z06 650 HP engine. Couple photos of my babies attached.
Vette and BW 5.jpg
Vette-MG-BW 2.jpg

Great car. 3.6 GM V6 but design modified specifically for the CT4 BW. Twin turbos, stronger crank, upgraded bearings, titanium connecting rods, etc, etc. Acceleration is a rush. The Caddie CT5 BW has the Vette C& Z06 650 HP engine. Couple photos of my babies attached.View attachment 104158View attachment 104159
You must have an understanding wife? I had a chance to buy a gorgeous 2022 Mustang GT500 last year in a beautiful blue - loaded for MSRP: buyer declined when it arrived and I was called because I had bought a new 2007 when they came out. My wife would have went ballistic on me - LOL. Lovely C7!! (GS?) Where is Navan?

You must have an understanding wife? I had a chance to buy a gorgeous 2022 Mustang GT500 last year in a beautiful blue - loaded for MSRP: buyer declined when it arrived and I was called because I had bought a new 2007 when they came out. My wife would have went ballistic on me - LOL. Lovely C7!! (GS?) Where is Navan?
1673027228852.png

About 25 minutes from Downtown Ottawa.

Wife is the best! Says we need a smaller house and a bigger garage. The Blackwing became available when the guy who ordered it could not buy it due to finances. The sales guy knew I was interested and called me immediately. He said all the sales people were on the phone with customers and it would be sold in less than 20 minutes. Now for the understanding wife part; I put the sales guy on hold and went into the living room, gave my wife the car info in 30 seconds, including the price and asked if she was ok with me buying the Blackwing. Then I did the deal. ;) There is a reason we have been happily married for 57 years.

Navan is southeast of Ottawa but is part of the city. Small village of about 600, centre of a larger farming community.

Wife is the best! Says we need a smaller house and a bigger garage. The Blackwing became available when the guy who ordered it could not buy it due to finances. The sales guy knew I was interested and called me immediately. He said all the sales people were on the phone with customers and it would be sold in less than 20 minutes. Now for the understanding wife part; I put the sales guy on hold and went into the living room, gave my wife the car info in 30 seconds, including the price and asked if she was ok with me buying the Blackwing. Then I did the deal. ;) There is a reason we have been happily married for 57 years.

Navan is southeast of Ottawa but is part of the city. Small village of about 600, centre of a larger farming community.
You can't take it with you - good on you.
Sounds like a wonderful place to live except for the winters - LOL
We are probably about the same age?
Happy New Year.
I am from London Ont. - lived here 42 years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.