@Cobravenomous with regards to your post, I like them both and really wish GM had both a front and mid-engine offering in production the way Ferrari does. There is something about the long hood and short rear end on a front engine coupe that is timeless, and equally the performance and sleek good looks of a mid engine take Corvette into a space it absolutely needed to go.
I don't like comparing the two cars --they are McIntosh and Granny Smith ;)

One can't compare Ferrari to Corvette right now. Ferrari is a brand and Corvette is a single car.

When Corvette becomes a brand, we'll likely see both front and mid-engined cars available... along with a sedan, SUV, truck, EV, an offroad buggy, and a "hover board"

One can't compare Ferrari to Corvette right now. Ferrari is a brand and Corvette is a single car.

When Corvette becomes a brand, we'll likely see both front and mid-engined cars available... along with a sedan, SUV, truck, EV, an offroad buggy, and a "hover board"

Mustang use to be a single car too. We see where that went.

Reactions: lupo
Mustang use to be a single car too. We see where that went.
My point exactly. There is also talk about all an wheel drive variant, fully electric coupe, and a sedan--all under the Mustang badge.
They are keeping the GT350 alongside the GT500 at least for a while as well which is a smart thing too.

With the discontinuation of several of their sedans and coupes and the rapid decline of anything that is not an SUV, they are fully aware of the strategic importance of Mustang in their portfolio and this seems like a very smart approach to keep it front and center and grow it. It's cost efficient as well--with multiple variants on a shared platform.

The mid engine Vette feels entirely out of place under the Chevrolet banner--with everything from the sales to service experience.

Reactions: Tin-can
The mid engine Vette feels entirely out of place under the Chevrolet banner--with everything from the sales to service experience.

Agreed! Not only the C-8 though..........I find it strange that Corvette has not departed the Chevrolet brand long ago in order to be a singular brand........Corvette only!

Last edited:
Reactions: lupo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.