Was Z06 production always a set percentage of Stingray sales, just wondering if the Z06 is much more profitable for GM would they want to make more like 25% a year?
My guess is that is was not "set".

Last year of Z06 was less than 20% of total production, but the entire Corvette market has changed. Gone are the days of dealers having Corvette inventory on the showroom floor. Pretty sure every single unit is pre-sold. Now they are building to orders vs building to forecasted demand.

Reactions: Murray20c8
My guess is that is was not "set".

Last year of Z06 was less than 20% of total production, but the entire Corvette market has changed. Gone are the days of dealers having Corvette inventory on the showroom floor. Pretty sure every single unit is pre-sold. Now they are building to orders vs building to forecasted demand.
I'm thinking the same thing, if parts are available for Z06 just make whatever is ordered!

That's why I thought (think) the Z06 should be in the same dealers list as the Stingray orders. How can GM decide when a dealers order for a Z06 should be built otherwise. I mean many Z06 deposits have been down for 2 or more years. Shouldn't they leap frog an order that was placed less than a year ago?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.