BHP

I'm New Here
Aug 22, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hello everyone, new to the forum.

I have finally decided to get a C8. This would be my first vette. Of course, buying one is easier said than done these days. Dropped by at Wilson Niblett in Richmond Hill the other day and, to my surprise, they actually had a showroom car on the floor (not for sale, obviously) and in the colour I'd go with (rapid blue). I was told that there was a $5,000 refundable deposit to get on the list and an estimated wait time of 18-24 month. While I knew that there were waitlists for the C8, two years seems like a long wait. Is that considered "normal" these days or could I expect a faster turnaround with a different dealership?

I bought my rapid blue from Wilson Niblett. They are great to deal with! If you are serious about buying, put down your deposit. You maybe pleasantly surprised in a few short months. The car is so much fun!
7E0EA528-576A-4E1A-A16C-C83FACBAADAC.jpeg

Reactions: vinny's vette
I bought my rapid blue from Wilson Niblett. They are great to deal with! If you are serious about buying, put down your deposit. You maybe pleasantly surprised in a few short months. The car is so much fun!View attachment 85877

My red mist came from Wilson Niblett as well, dealt with Jeff Moore he was honest through the entire process.

Reactions: WN Jeff
Taking your $5000.00 deposit should happen way down the line, not at the begining when ordering a new C8.
Most dealers take your deposit when you join their list.
W/N. Brian Cullen or Spencer's all likely have long lists, but get the most cars. You might have better luck at a small dealership, but it's a crap shoot with them. Perhaps find one that won't need a deposit and get on their list. You never know. With Covid still hanging around GM may still not get to their 40,000/yr projected numbers

Most dealers take your deposit when you join their list.
W/N. Brian Cullen or Spencer's all likely have long lists, but get the most cars. You might have better luck at a small dealership, but it's a crap shoot with them. Perhaps find one that won't need a deposit and get on their list. You never know. With Covid still hanging around GM may still not get to their 40,000/yr projected numbers

What are they at right now with their project numbers per year?

I put mine down April/May of this year and was told 12-18 months, possibly 24 at the top end. Two years would make me cry haha

I put my deposit down with Andrew Spencer at the end of Sept. 2020 and had my 2021 HTC delivered to NS at the end of May 2021, so about 8 months from deposit to receipt of my C8. I highly recommend Bill Spencer Chev - the best car buying experience ever for me (and I have bought quite a few cars LOL). Great communication with Andrew all the way through the process, everything went just as he said, no issues and no disappointments.

Reactions: Murray20c8
how many z06s do they get per year?

Nobody really knows if they are going to be running allocation based off of C7 Z06 sales, or as a % of C8 Sales. The other factor is how many Z06s will be produced relative to Stingray...nobody really knows anything with certainty.

If I was to guess, a dealer like Spencer will get 80 C8 next year, with 25% of them being a Z06. If they get 20 Z06 for the first 2 production years, you are looking at 2025 delivery if you put a deposit down today.

Nobody really knows if they are going to be running allocation based off of C7 Z06 sales, or as a % of C8 Sales. The other factor is how many Z06s will be produced relative to Stingray...nobody really knows anything with certainty.

If I was to guess, a dealer like Spencer will get 80 C8 next year, with 25% of them being a Z06. If they get 20 Z06 for the first 2 production years, you are looking at 2025 delivery if you put a deposit down today.
I'm curious. If I was GM the Z06's would just be another option that would get built along with the Stingray. Mixed in in order the orders came in. All things being equal of course. The ability to build them at a certain pace etc.

I'm curious. If I was GM the Z06's would just be another option that would get built along with the Stingray. Mixed in in order the orders came in. All things being equal of course. The ability to build them at a certain pace etc.
I'm thinking the opposite as far as it being another "option" to tick.

From a brand perspective, I'm sure they want some delineation between the Stingray to give the Z06 its own identity, and isn't seen as something like the "Z07" package.

Either way, all this chat in the last couple of days about Z06, and then watching the video of it rip around the ring last night made me put a deposit down. So here we go again.

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
I put my deposit down with Andrew Spencer at the end of Sept. 2020 and had my 2021 HTC delivered to NS at the end of May 2021, so about 8 months from deposit to receipt of my C8. I highly recommend Bill Spencer Chev - the best car buying experience ever for me (and I have bought quite a few cars LOL). Great communication with Andrew all the way through the process, everything went just as he said, no issues and no disappointments.

How much deposit does Spencer’s ask for?

I agree with your best guess for Z06 allocations, but, Spencer's typical allocation is quite a bit north of 80 (closer to 120 from what I understood, and most likely will only go up in the future). I'm on their list for my 22' order. Great dealership

I agree with your best guess for Z06 allocations, but, Spencer's typical allocation is quite a bit north of 80 (closer to 120 from what I understood, and most likely will only go up in the future). I'm on their list for my 22' order. Great dealership
If GM can pump them out and increase Spencer's allocation to 120 a year, great. That means means a 2024 delivery instead of 2025. I'm hopeful, but have conservative expectations.

Covid, semi-conductors, logistics... there is no sign of normalcy inside the global supply chain. So I'm not holding my breath. Plus, the extra time will give me some runway to fill up the piggy bank.

Reactions: pozi240
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.